Small Hand Thrown Pot - Signed by Scott Tubby

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Aug 18, 2019.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Identified by @Taupou :D:D:D
    I bought this small (4"H/5.5"W) pot to learn something about this type of pottery. When you rub the inside of the pot you can feel an uneven surface like ropes, so I think it is hand thrown. The pot is well formed and the glaze evenly applied. The colors are reminiscent of the American Southwest in my opinion. The bottom is signed and dated 1996. I can't decipher the signature but I think the first letter is "T" and the last is a "y." I would appreciate any comments. These are just my guesses. I know nothing, so anything will help.
    IMG_3820.jpg IMG_3823.jpg IMG_3824.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3834.JPG IMG_3828.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Bronwen likes this.
  2. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

Your pot is contemporary studio pottery, thrown and trimmed on a potters wheel. It is not glazed, however, the surface was burnished (polished) and then saggar fired.

The potter is Scott Tubby, who has a web site under "Scott Tubby Fine Art." He lives in Rockport, MA. His web site will give more information about the process by which this pot was made, and has his contact information.

https://scotttubby.com/about-the-artist/

Jivvy, SBSVC, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

Sensational information. Just what I was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need help likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

Draft saved Draft deleted