Small heavy glass beer mug? w/ honeycomb pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Found this beer mug? & was hoping someone could help me out on age or possible maker.

It is 4" to the side edge, 2 1/2" across the top, 3 1/4" across the bottom & holds 8 ounces when filled to the rim. It is very thick glass with a honeycomb pattern & an applied handle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

AJefferson likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Looks like it might be a ladies mug for beer. I have one that size but it still has its pewter top and hinge.
    greg

i need help likes this.
  3. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I do not know who but would have to google georgian mug as a beginning.

i need help likes this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

8 fluid onces would make appr. two to two-and- a half deciliters, which are measurements that are in use everywhere. the honeycomb pattern is still widely used in Switzerland and called Rugeli.

i need help likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

When using Georgian I found several. Some were id'd as Fenton & some were id'd as EAPG.

The one thing I noticed about this mug & some that were listed outside of the US was that the sides were not straight. The measurement across the top was smaller than the measurement across the bottom. In the case of mine it is 3/4" smaller. Is this common in European made mugs?

Draft saved Draft deleted