Featured Small Lalique goblets - pattern? - genuine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Sep 24, 2019.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I was hoping for some expert opinions on these small goblets. The taller is 5"; the smaller is 4-3/8". I found other ribbed pieces of different patterns called "Strie", but nothing with this pattern on the stem (carved? intaglio? Why can't I think of the right term?). The top rims and feet are ground smooth, and each is signed. Lots of pics below. Thanks for your help.

IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3842.JPG
    IMG_3841.JPG
    IMG_3834.JPG
    IMG_3835.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3838.JPG

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

3. Bookahtoo

René Lalique - R. Lalique - Drinking service, Champagne Cups - Model 'Vine, striated

4. Bookahtoo

5. UncleChuckTX

cxgirl, komokwa and i need help like this.
  6. Bookahtoo

You're welcome.

Isn't that a great site?

yourturntoloveit and i need help like this.
  7. UncleChuckTX

Yes! I've found a couple of small Lalique pieces (a ring holder, a few small figurines) in the past, but this is the first stemware I've found.

Also - do you (or anyone) have any advice about selling these? I found 10 of the tall, and 9 of the small goblets - and all still in good condition. Would you eBay these, or look into auction houses or venues?

yourturntoloveit and cxgirl like this.
  8. Bookahtoo

OMG - 19 of these?
    I'm afraid I can't advise you there.
    I'm sure some glassies will be along shortly who can.

9. Bookahtoo

The ones in the first link sold for almost $100 apiece in June of this year.

10. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

mmm ....hard call on venue, but with a very searchable and high profile name like Rene Lalique, I think you'd do fine on eBay, maybe even putting them out in 2 or 3 at a time lots ...just my opinion of course ..:oldman::shy:

11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

great score UncleChuckTX:)
    I agree with blooey, you should do fine on Ebay with them.

12. UncleChuckTX

The pattern page I linked earlier has some sales records, too. This set of 9 champagnes was 612 Euros.

kyratango likes this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

YOWZA!!!!! WAY to GO!!!!! AWESOME SCORE!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::singing::singing::singing:

UncleChuckTX likes this.
  14. UncleChuckTX

Thanks. I know listing them in smaller lots is probably the best option, but I have such a hard time doing that. I guess it's a sentimental thing. These things have most likely been together for more than 50 years, and I separate them...

It makes me think of the old IKEA commercial that makes you feel bad about the broken lamp that gets thrown out, but then makes fun of you for feeling bad. :hilarious:

I haven't decided what to do yet -- other than going back to the shop today (maybe several times) to see if any more of them are put out on the shelves.

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Yes, haunt the shop till you find nothing left over !!
    Nice find !!!!

kyratango and UncleChuckTX like this.
  16. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Holidays are coming soon & someone may be looking to add a few pieces to their set for extra guests. :happy::happy:

My thinking is to list them either individually or in lots of 2 or 4 & then if the buyer wants them all you cut them a deal on shipping. However, if all they need is a single or just 2 to round out their set then they can just get what they need. JMHO

;):D:D

kyratango, komokwa and UncleChuckTX like this.
  17. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Very nice find! They should do very well on ebay. There always seems to be folks searching high-end names for bargains. If they do not sell fairly quickly then you have most likely overpriced them. You may get some overseas sales so make sure you use ebay's Worldwide shipping option. I would probably try to sell them in pairs or individually. No harm in splitting them up - they will most likely go on to join an existing flock.
    Don

18. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted