Featured Small lamp-any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Boland, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

A6ACA10A-76A3-4CFD-A5BD-80438F311EA3.jpeg 2C06F018-1065-439E-9554-044A00FC66C1.jpeg 19995C0A-F00A-4D53-A750-A47FA0A5C9DA.jpeg 68FFA2D8-5D93-4530-958F-E626ECA34F4B.jpeg 73E82C56-2112-46CA-AAEC-FD1D852C64F9.jpeg Hi all,found this lamp in a junk/antique shop in a nearby town. Looks vintage to me and obviously needs to be cleaned-up. I know you get mass produced new lamps that look like this and made of lightweight aluminium. However this lamp is heavy (over 5kg) and looks mainly to be machined out of solid steel.. I’m thinking it might be a once-off or even designer lamp.. Stands 41cm high and the base is 14cm wide. Any comments,please? Thanks and keep well

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like it will be pretty 'sassy' once the rust is off that base!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing:

judy and Boland like this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I can't comment on the lamp but I would like to see a Yellow/Green wire when it is rewired before anyone gets fried.:eek:

Aquitaine, judy and Boland like this.
  4. Judith K Lamarche

Judith K Lamarche New Member

Hi, I purchased an antique
    oil lamp from France and it had been wired for a prong bulb, the fitting had to be changed to an American socket, but your socket is exactly the same as the one in my lamp before I converted it

judy, Boland and moreotherstuff like this.
  5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Very good point! Thanks

Aquitaine, judy and daveydempsey like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's a British lamp fitting.

7. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

old French stuff had only these. search for B22 on eboo or amazing.

8. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

The bayonet mount is the standard light bulb fitting in the United Kingdom and in many countries that were members of the British Empire including Pakistan, Australia, Hong Kong, Fiji India, Sri Lanka, Ireland, and New Zealand, parts of the Middle East and Africa and, historically, in France and Greece.

9. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

The twisted, main body looks like the shaft of a screw conveyor and very well might be stainless? The welding to the base is well done. May be a one-of-a-kind shop production. Then again, maybe not?

10. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the comment. I was wondering if the shaft was not stainless steel. I also think it was well made.. Possibly a shaft of a screw conveyor you say. Well that’s interesting! Most probably we’ll never know the origin or maker of the lamp..

judy likes this.
  11. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

It is part of a positive displacement pump, designed to pump highly viscous liquids hygienically.

Gus Tuason, judy and Boland like this.
  12. Phil Douglas

Phil Douglas Member

13. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Hi Phil.. Well,I appreciate the comment. The stem/shaft part does look similar. I have never even heard of
    a “positive displacement pump’. The idea does make the lamp more interesting to me..Thanks

judy likes this.
  14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

makes sense then when it's chromeplated for food. although I see a problem with increasing temperatures due friction . and the softer material always abrases the harder material, so the chrome-plate will be gone at a certain time.

Boland and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted