Featured Small Noritake Covered Bowl pattern help please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by colonelmustard, Mar 31, 2021.

1. colonelmustard

colonelmustard Well-Known Member

So I spent the better part of my sleepless night trying to find this pattern on Replacements. The interlocking lid is a neat little feature. Has a green "M" wreath surrounded backstamp. I love this pattern. The little petite flowers. Does this look familiar to any of you? Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

patd8643, ulilwitch and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It seems to be a butter tub. Do you have more pieces? There would have been a drain insert.

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Very nice Noritake Morimura. Probably 1930s. Prior to pattern names so you may not find it.

4. colonelmustard

No this is all that was there. The underplate is only 5 3/8. Total of 3 inches tall. I will look through that box again. Thanks!

5. colonelmustard

Thank you for that!

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  6. 916Bulldogs123

You are very welcome. Anything for the Colonel.

colonelmustard likes this.
  7. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

any of you? Thanks in advance[​IMG]Your sleepless nights are over - just take.info/bstamps/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

colonelmustard likes this.
  8. Brian Warshaw

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

10. Brian Warshaw

@Bakersgma I copied more than I intended, but I believe that the noritakecollectorsguild will, if it is there library, make an identification. Whether they charge I don't know.

11. colonelmustard

Thank you! I will check it out

12. colonelmustard

13. 916Bulldogs123

14. IDcloisonne

IDcloisonne New Member

I think as a collector of these, I found the older pieces all had their pattern names with the Hand Painted hallmarks, this one is a transfer, by the time these were produced in bigger quantities, they did not have a pattern name.

Draft saved Draft deleted