Small Nude Lady Drawing Pink Rose Ink..XVIIIth Cent or Print,Fake or Copy...???

Discussion in 'Art' started by BTZ64, Feb 12, 2020.

?

Original,Fake, or Copy..??

1. XVIIIth Cent Period..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Need Infos for Original Engravings Facts and Reperes...Thanks.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi to all,

Think I have discovered in here Sligo..A "Nest" of very interesting Antiques Objects and Etchings from my own Country...??
    The lot represents this Nude drawing...Plus there is as well 2 Mirrors and few framed Engravings from what I think are "Original" and from the XVIIIth Cent French period...???
    I prefer to have your Professional View and expertise before to make any mistake...You have been giving me already so much evidence and facts to avoid an emotional straight Buying...Which have for sure helped me to save some money.
    This Drawing represents a nude woman Study.?? Dim Out of mat..?? But Visible 23x26cm...It Has been for sure framed and glass in a modern way...Can't open it "Yet"..and give you the real dimensions..But a small pencil sign at the right corner might means something for You.......On the other hand...There is few Original (I Think..??) Framed Engravings from the same period...What to check and double check..To be sure..Thanks..!!!! 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG
    008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG ..?? I have taken those several photos for Having your first Impressions and advises...Thanks as usual to Straight forward guide me on what You think and Feel about.JB

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

She is truly lovely, and I agree, likely to be a study.
    The signature doesn't look 18th century to me. I could be wrong, let's wait for the others.

3. Lithographer

Lithographer Well-Known Member

I too like the drawing, however I am with you on the signature. The handwriting style looks to be more recent.

kyratango, sabre123 and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I think she's lovely, and to me, done in an 'old' style! Is that a lot of 'foxing' around her or not? The framing to me looks recent.....I've tried to enhance that very soft, light signature.....not sure of the results.....but then I never am!!! You CAN see some of it much better, but off to the further right, there is even smaller writing that's not decipher-able.....would love to know what that adds to it!!!!

013-ADJUSTMET.jpg

5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks V.much...But Can't open it...Not mine...

Aquitaine, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks to You as well..Big time..!! But Can't open it...Not allowed..But She is part of the all Pieces I am interested in...Will try to send some more photos tomorrow...But will need a "Go for it" from all of you if I could buy the all LOT...Thanks again...!!!

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Just buy everything you like and sort it all out later at your garage sale

8. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Here are what I am calling LOT No1...3 old drawings framed but frames looks very new...Here are details....Couldnt take to much time as buzy there..This lot of 3 drawing is asked for 650 Euros the 3.....But part of 3 differents Lots..A,B and C...Will open 2 new threads with details of B and C....

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      162.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      192.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      168.5 KB
      Views:
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Well not as easy as you say....There is 3 Lots of Items...A,B and C...A is 3 Old drawings...Ask P 650 Euros...B 5 old framed French Engravings Ask Price 600 Euros...And C 2 Old Mirrors ask P 550 Euro...Total..1800 Euros separated...Or 1600 Euros the all lot...Big Sum Anyway..!! I am going now to open two more Threads for B and C...Hope you can help inform your collegues and direct me for not to do any mistake money wise.. Thanking you in advance..jb

10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Jacques, I am not happy about the condition of this otherwise very nice threesome in relation to the estimate. I am by no means an expert, and certainly not on current values, so let's wait for the others.

BTZ64 likes this.
  11. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Yes ,me same...But like Drawings and Mirrors....Lets see

Draft saved Draft deleted