SMALL PICASSO ESTATE SALE FIND REAL?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 2, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a estate/garage sale today for only $25; maybe because I was the only one there!(Most people were probably still watching hurricane's direction to see if it would come to Miami!).
    It measures 4.5" x 3" & I thought it was so small & simple, and the house it came from was really nice - so maybe Picasso did scribble it out for someone? (hope springs eternal!)
    Thanks for any help!
    PS - Hurricane is finally starting it's turn north (but pray for the people living in the Bahamas islands - category 5 hurricane with 185+ mph winds that is crawling along at 1 mph! Horrifying)

ART PRINT PICASSO BIRD SMALL FRAMED 1AA.JPG ART PRINT PICASSO BIRD SMALL FRAMED 2AA.JPG ART PRINT PICASSO BIRD SMALL FRAMED 3AA.JPG ART PRINT PICASSO BIRD SMALL FRAMED 4AA.JPG

Mugzinnys likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

looks like a print.....

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Print of picasso's line drawing of an owl. Also printed in reverse of correct orientation.

4. komokwa

5. komokwa

that's a $25 lesson...:inpain:

Bronwen, Bakersgma, Mugzinnys and 2 others like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Picasso prints, along with other artist's prints and etchings, were spread far and wide across university campuses, looked much like both of these shown, the frames appear to be 1970s. At the time, they were too expensive for me, they originally cost $25.

EDITED to say, "without the frames" and the sizes were all quite small.

8. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

here's my observation on it :IMO they are not the same picture in reverse but an attempt at a fake , and/or real (print) idk , , when i was at the picasso exhibit in saskatoon the first thing i noticed in the picasso linocut prints was that his signature was reversed, and in these they are not,
    and i also notice in one the lines over the eyes connect to the body the other doesn't , they are not even the same signatures as you can see the subtle differences the dot over the i is over and the i in general thicker more to the right and the P and C's Are not the same ,and the spacing between the letter s and o is farther apart , the land/branch line are different also there is picasso's line under his name in one ,and in one the lines are thick and dark the other thin and light , just off the top of what i see . DSC09180.JPG DSC09177.JPG

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    jsnggltt and Bronwen like this.
  9. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

In your favor, both Etsy and Pinterest show Journey’s variation.

10. lloyd249

i would look at it under a microscope and see what type of print it is, then compare it to printers patterns, dot matrix , laser, ink jet ,

11. lloyd249

or you can send pictures and details to Mr. Picasso lettre.jpg

12. lloyd249

did any of them show the back of it ?

13. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

komokwa likes this.
  14. lloyd249

yes not exactly the same lol they probably make/made thousands of them (anything for a buck eh lol) ,if it is an official Picasso print it would be stamped/marked as such ...IMO .

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted