Small White Vase with Crackle Glaze & Enamel Decoration - ID Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by leeddie, Jan 31, 2017.

1. leeddie

leeddie Well-Known Member

nirmos001.jpg nirmos002.jpg nirmos003.jpg I've had this small vase for over 5 years. Not sure if it was old or new when I purchased it at an antiques place. I have thought it might be Greek, but just a guess and nothing more. It is a gray body with a crackled white glaze. There is a name under the tree which appears to read Niln?s or Nirn?s .. It has the same signature underneath. Measures 4 3/4"h x 2" base diameter x 1 1/8" across the top. I really like this piece and have tried throughout the years to do a search without any luck. Hope someone recognizes the style and or signature. Thank you.

Eddie

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

3. leeddie

I tried a goodle search. It keeps changing it to Nimbus... Thank you for the idea though.. Appreciate it.

4. CharlesSabo

CharlesSabo New to antiques

Is it a crackle glaze or is it just bad crazing?

5. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Some newer pottery is made with a crackling effect to fool some people into thinking it is old.

*crs* and CharlesSabo like this.
  6. leeddie

It is crackle glaze.

7. leeddie

I agree, but this isn't done to deceive anyone. I believe it is made as it is. It is a nice little piece and artist signed. I just can't figure out the name and have not had any luck finding another like it. Thank you for your input. Appreciate it.

8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I think its raku.

Draft saved Draft deleted