SOFT AS BUTTER GLOVES!!

Discussion in 'Give Aways' started by Aquitaine, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Honestly!! They are....soft as butter, that is.......and never been worn!! More yellow than greenish.....think they must have been Mom's but she also NEVER wore them! Free postage, USA only...sorry!
    Is Sunday or Monday better for the draw/wheel? I know....you don't need them NOW, but!!!! They are size 8..........

zNEW GLOVESaa.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Aqui, have you become a dying Gaul overnight?

i need help, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Not casting in my lot, but boy, do these take me back. Had a number of pairs of Miss Aris gloves way back when you dressed in your best to go to church or into the big city & you were not completely dressed until you had your gloves on, winter & summer.

As I recall, the virtue of many, if not all, Aris gloves was that they were washable.

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I would love to win these! I will want to pay postage. They look so soft. I haven't seen old Aris gloves in decades! :cat:

Bronwen, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Aquitaine

AWESOME!! Antidiem is IN!!!
    :):)Yes, well as I said to Komo, I was looking for something else and came across the amazing sculpture....his beauty just struck me!!!! As well as the pain the sculptor captured on that beautiful body!!!! Just for a while anyway, AJ!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

6. MG77

MG77 Member

They look like driving gloves to me! Please count me in!

antidiem and Bronwen like this.
  7. Aquitaine

2 in....MG77 is IN!!! Super!!!

antidiem likes this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Not in, but super generous of you, Aquitaine! :)

antidiem, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

I have been fascinated by the Dying Gaul statues ever since childhood. They are always such an impressive expression of a devastating moment and yet so beautiful.
    Yes, I was a funny child.:rolleyes:
    I have always had the same with Thorvaldsen's dying Swiss lion, and Stefano Maderno's body of St Cecilia. I have seen them in 'real life', a few Dying Gaul statues as well, and they are very emotive.
    For anyone who gets a chance to visit Rome, the modest Saint Cecilia convent and church in Trastevere is well worth a visit anyway. It is a place of tranquil beauty, away from the bustle of Rome.

10. Bronwen

You will both be puzzled by the description of the intaglio in this ring:

[​IMG]

If you don't recognize him, you can find him here. Think the auction house got taken in by the hair, but don't know how they see a mustache.

11. Any Jewelry

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
    He probably shaved just before the picture was taken. The description had already been written. Don't you hate it when those Gauls do that?

12. Bronwen

New twist on a torque, too.

13. Any Jewelry

Got that one.:D Yes, it has grown claws and fur.

antidiem, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  14. Aquitaine

Since no new takers, I'll draw tonight.....am wrapped up taking pictures at the moment.......long drawn out thang!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like there are just two of you.... MG77 and Antidiem!!!! Wish I had 2 pair...........:(

antidiem likes this.
  15. Aquitaine

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, the WINNNNNNNAH iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis .........................................

Winner Circle.jpg CONGRATULATIONS,
    and Antidiem, message me your address and I'll get them off to you right away!!!
    Sue

16. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

enjoy Anti !!!

antidiem and Christmasjoy like this.
  17. Aquitaine

Sorry, @antidiem, I posted you're the winner of the gloves, but forgot to Tag you!!!!! Message me your pertinents, and I'll get them in the mail to you!!!

Sue

antidiem likes this.
  18. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Sue :cat:

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted