Some Jewellery I'm trying to identify

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by L0z, Feb 10, 2017.

1. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

Hi,

Another batch of Jewellery I'd like to find out more about....filtering out the trash :)

DSC_0196.JPG DSC_0209.JPG DSC_0204.JPG DSC_0208.JPG DSC_0206.JPG DSC_0205.JPG DSC_0207.JPG DSC_0210.JPG DSC_0200.JPG DSC_0199.JPG

2. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

3. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

4. artsfarm

artsfarm Active Member

Hi there,
    It's kind of hard to tell for sure with jewelry without seeing the clasps clearly, and if there are any maker's marks. Check with a magnifier or loupe #'s 5, 7, 11, 12 and 13. They look at first glance to be newer, and not worth but a few $s.
    The others (1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10) are probably from somewhere in the 1970s-80s, possibly newer. Depending on if they have a maker's mark or not, would determine value, if any.

L0z likes this.
  5. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

Thanks. The only pieces that are marked are 5 & 9
    5 is simply marked silver '925'
    9 is marked 'Napier'

:)

6. artsfarm

artsfarm Active Member

Ah ok, .925 is sterling silver, and it may mean just the clasp, or also the spacers in between the black components. They're either stones (faceted onyx maybe), or glass.
    The Napier one is almost surely from the 80s. They were very popular then, as was big bold/clunky jewelry. You could probably get $15-20 for the Napier necklace on eBay or selling venue. The bracelet, hard to tell.
    The cuff, #13 looks older and very nice.

L0z likes this.
  7. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

Yes I've had that a while, it does look & feel a quality piece. Hmmm, wonder just how old it might be, it's difficult with no marks, however it's quite unique in it's appearance. Be good to find out more about it's origin.

8. artsfarm

artsfarm Active Member

I just realized I got the #s mixed up.
    #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 are the ones that are new and not worth much. You can toss them into a yard sale or donate. The others need more checking into.
    Sorry about that.

L0z likes this.
  9. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Most of what you are showing are current costume bling that ladies like to wear.
    I get quite a bit at jewelry shows and sell new from $12-30. That is new retail prices.

If you are selling on ebay, I would first try each one separately with a $4-6 start price. Wrapping in a small bubble mailer should not cost much to ship.
    If you don't sell all of them, then put in lots of 2-3.

#6 - look to be freshwater pearls. Run your teeth over one, if it feels gritty like sand paper, they are real. Unfortunately, they don't have a high value right now. Check ebay for "solds".

L0z likes this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Stupid computer posted before I was done.

I like #1 Seed pods - is the rest wood or stone?
    #10 appears to be hematite. It is a cold heavy material correct?
    #3, 4, and 8 are current bling.

We were just discussing on another thread how Napier, although a good brand, does not command the prices it should.

L0z likes this.
  11. L0z

L0z Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input.
    #1 is a mixture of wood & stones
    #10 correct :)
    #6 yes I believe they are freshwater pearls

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The modern stuff, if it's unsigned, you'll be lucky to sell for anything at all on line. When I get that I generally just donate it somewhere and save myself the headache. Freshwater pearls don't generally go for much unless they're on precious metal. Those look to be with gold plate, so I'd check to make sure they're not glass beads. Back in the 80s they used to make glass beads to look like freshwaters. I hate to say it, but sometimes the beads are worth more.

L0z likes this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got one of those haemetite neckalces, very common design.

L0z likes this.
  14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They still make them in both assorted stones and glass. Sometimes both mixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted