Featured Some more blacklight results xx

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, Jun 16, 2020.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Found these interesting!
    This broken little thing was a surprise

**good lord sorry about the doggo/cat hair pics**
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These did this[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This tangled mess
    [​IMG]

Produced this
    [​IMG]

So I separated em to find the glowing bits
    This was one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Which is a terrible pic, it did softly glow

this below
    [​IMG]

did this
    [​IMG]

this
    [​IMG]

did this
    [​IMG]

(There were loads that didn't react do I didn't take pics of them)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Any Jewelry, Bronwen, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Isn't it FUN so see some unexpected FURIOUS GLOW!:blackalien::blackalien::joyful:

3. BoudiccaJones

OMG YES!!! I LOVE it...some glow softly and some GO FIERCE!

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Think I called this one:

Jet I think, brooches again

Glad they lived up to my expectations. Too bad you can't get them to look like that while you're wearing them. Do they still use black light in clubs?

5. BoudiccaJones

You DID call it Cuz ! You knew <3 xx
    Oh goodness I wanna go to a club if so...I haven't been Out at Night since the 90s. I love going out but prefer to walk the doggos at night now ... I saw the ISS the other night. Had hoped it was a Ufo but I wasn't disappointed when I realised what it actually was the next day xx

kyratango, Any Jewelry and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Have read the ISS is the brightest thing in the sky, after the moon. Here where there is so much light pollution, it's about the only thing I ever see other than the moon.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  7. BoudiccaJones

I just happened to look up, can see quite a lot of sky where I am thankfully and there it was! Moving quickly & steadily! SO wanted it to be a craft but I did eventually realise it wasn't.
    Not sure I'd actually want to see aliens though. People claim they get out of their car when they see a craft sometimes, I wouldn't and I'm almost desperate to see one. Just in case...have read they do utterly horrid things. And supposedly take dogs. If they took my dog I'd have to go with em to get her back but otherwise I'm not that keen

kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  8. Bronwen

I see enough strange & scary terrestrial things. Don't need 'em in the sky, thank you.

9. BoudiccaJones

I wanna see some weird things! What sort of scary things Cuz? Can you share?
    (I understand if you don't want to)

( I don't wanna be scared...just weirded out a bit. In the day time.
    I wanna see a ghost but at night time I change my mind. I don't believe in 'em as such as never seen one but if they wanna prove me wrong, I hope it's in the day time. ) xx ( and when others are around)

kyratango likes this.
  10. Bronwen

In truth, it's a lot less scary these days than it used to be. Saw a well grown, well fed rat scampering along a subway platform the other day. There used to be some menacing panhandlers on the trains. Was mugged once, but seemed like nearly everyone I told afterward had their own much worse story.

For weird but funny. There used to be a guy who panhandled regularly on a subway train I also took regularly who would enter the car through the emergency door, having already done this performance in the car before, & fall to his knees &, in a whining, droning voice, call out: my name is Robert & I have AIDS (when it was poorly understood & untreatable), SIDA in espagnol. I'm hungry, I'm homeless, & I'm asking...

One time Robert was doing this routine & another passenger seated near where he was kneeling stood up, held a hand out, palm down above Robert's head & declaimed: If you have the disease you say you do, may God heal you... Strangely, Robert did not seem to want the help.

He disappeared for a bit, then came back with a new approach, looking less scruffy, staying on his feet, that started: My name is Robert, & I'm not going to try to tell you that I have AIDS or some other disease...

11. BoudiccaJones

RATSSSZZZZZ....Luna has despatched three rats in her three years when all my other lurchers did none in their entire rather long but not long enough lives. One was HUGE and taunted her...still it was horrid to see when she got hold of him **shudder**

(I had to google panhandlers, now I know what they are I can see why they are called that and it should have been obvious. I was half hoping you'd seen a ghost of a 49'er or something :O )
    No that's too real..being mugged. x
    Did lol at Robert though. Tee hee...people are funny

12. Bronwen

Are they just beggars there? Or do you have some other colloquialism? Once had to tell my ex-I-have-a-masters-in-American-literature boyfriend what a ponce was.

What Robert was doing was of course whinging. Children whine; adults whinge. Also love that little cars 'parp'.

kyratango likes this.
  13. BoudiccaJones

I think they are beggars...tramps! I think that's the word,tramps...
    edit Tramps aren't beggars...got confuzzled. I think they are just beggars

My dog is a first class Whinebag. My cat Jasmine also has a particularly whiny whine so she's called Jaswhinge . My daughter used to call her...Jas...m i n g e which is SO bad I can't even type it. But was so funny

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  14. Bronwen

My 2 gang bang me for a dose of dry food, making it impossible to work until I cave. At least both have quiet voices. She can purr really loudly when she wants, but sort of squeaks or quacks instead of meowing. She's as bad as one of those ducks rayo showed us (call ducks?) when she gets going, mercifully not loudly. I think the rescue organization robbed the other cat of his tom-hood before his body was fully developed. His head is small for his body, like a Kliban cat, & he mews rather than meows.

[​IMG]

kyratango and BoudiccaJones like this.
  15. BoudiccaJones

Cats are SO funny. Jaswhinge though...no idea how she does it.

My daughter when she called her Jas m i n g e...just thought you may not know the bad word contained therein,it's BAD...the same daughter couldn't say choc either she could only say...cok . Cue great hilarity every week ( well,for me anyway) at Asda whilst she was asking for her choc treat.
    I couldn't say snake as a child. Not much need for that word, you'd think, in hardly tropical Hereford. My Rents took me as a small child,toddler size I believe to good ole Rhyl and put me to bed. I started screaming CANTS CANTS (which they claimed was snakes backward) but to ME now, sounds like a person with a London accent saying a VERY bad word. (And there was a snake in my bed , probably a grass snake...they took ages to come n save me too) ( no wonder I'm weird) xx

16. Bronwen

Think I know what the problem was with 'cants' (when baby Hercules found snakes in his crib he strangled them) but have to confess I do not recognize the problem with Jasmine's new name. Funny about 'bad words'. They're only bad if you have been taught they are & people around you use them that way. Many an Englishman who wanted what we call an eraser has been teased for asking for a rubber. Many an American has tripped over Cockburn's. An English friend finds 'bottom' a bit unseemly while in America, when we use it with the same meaning, it is considered polite. We don't use 'bum' that much. So, nothing about the altered Jasmine bothers me. You can PM me if you want to explain in private. I'm curious, academically of course. :)

Baby Hercules snake 2.JPG

KSW and kyratango like this.
  17. Bronwen

@kyratango It was your 'like' that made my total 44,000. :kiss::kiss:

KSW and kyratango like this.
  18. kyratango

Hubby and I had a phantom « encounter »!:wideyed:
    It happened at 3AM during our first night in our new 18th century old house....
    I heard someone walking cautiously barefoot around our bed (very old wood floor, but not noisy)...
    I thought:
    « ooh, this isn’t wise to wander in the dark, with the stairs very near of the bedroom door, when it is your first night in an unknown area! »:facepalm:
    But... he was still lying beside me!
    I didn’t switch the light on, just looked at the luminous clock.... and went back to sleep!
    The following morning, I told him what happened.... He had the same impression! As I was still in bed, he thought he was dreaming...

Two days later, we were in the salon when we heard a clok... clok...clok coming from our bedroom just above....
    We rushed in the stairs and suddenly broke in the room to catch the phantom.... Only to surprise our cat who was licking her privates on a limping chair, in the characteristic position of them doing that, one back leg above the head and an hilarious surprised face!!!!:bucktooth::cat::hilarious::hilarious:

Still sure we had the visit of a phantom who only wanted to :cyclops::watching:examine us in a benevolent intention, since the barefoot walking sound we both heard wasn’t at all the same made by a 6 pounds kitty and we both quietly and quickly went back to sleep....

Never ever again we heard the barefoot walking....
    :joyful:

KSW, Bronwen and BoudiccaJones like this.
  19. kyratango

Well deserved 44,001 now :joyful::kiss:

KSW and Bronwen like this.
  20. BoudiccaJones

Dunno what happened here, pre coffee minutes. Some of my message disappeared

Kyra...I would find that comforting. If freaky...someone was as you say keeping an eye on you <3
    haha...I heard someone walking behind me once by my dad's house in the pitch black ...I FROZE...those footsteps just kept a-coming...I prepared for death then I realised it was steady raindrops
    Are we all as humans programmed to think of ghosts/death or is a certain type of person?

@Bronwen ... here is an explanation. Jas m i n g e

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minge

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    KSW, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted