Featured Some New Additions! RPPC Postcards

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Joe2007, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

So I got these at an estate auction. Had a lot of competition so they didn't come cheaply but I think they are really great. First 4 cards are of Greenfield Ohio and the last is of Hillsboro Ohio. Got a few more but am having difficulties getting good clear photos.

POSTCARD RPPC DSCN0704 cropped.jpg POSTCARD RPPC DSCN0711 cropped.jpg POSTCARD RPPC DSCN0713 cropped.jpg POSTCARD RPPC DSCN0718 cropped.jpg POSTCARD RPPC DSCN0720 cropped.jpg

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Those are fantastic.
    I especially like the last one with the parade float stacked up with chairs.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    sabre123, Joe2007 and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Nice I like the store one.

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Very nice -- and a bonus that the locations are identified!

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Nice lot, Joe.

Depending on the date of the second last, Coca Cola may have still been using fresh Coca leaves in their mix. Ah, good times!

6. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

. Those are some great photos. That is probably what the town I lived near looked like on any given day at the turn of the century. It's hard to believe my grandfather delivered mail in a horse and buggy, then by an Indian Motorcycle followed by a model T and model A. He died 6 months before man landed on the moon. That is just two generations between horse and buggy and today.

7. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

I can't even pick a favorite they are all so good! I'd say it was worth the fight to win them!

sabre123 and Joe2007 like this.
  8. Jerry Coker

Jerry Coker Active Member

Very nice! Wish I had just one of those :)

sabre123 and Joe2007 like this.
  9. Bookahtoo

Joe2007 likes this.
  10. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

sabre123 and Figtree3 like this.
  11. Bookahtoo

Thank you Joe.

Ooooo - wait - you have a few more??

I was just looking at the first one again. Did you notice the horse's head is raised high like he's looking at or listening to something? Is the train coming? I can't tell.

Joe2007, pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  12. Bookahtoo

I'll have to go through my RPPCs and see if I have even one that's as interesting as any of these. Most of mine are of people ...not as much to look at usually.

Joe2007 and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Going to try to get some improved photos tonight of another real photo postcard from the same auction. It has a great story behind it.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted