SOS ASAP Bohemian Czech Pinwheel Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Donna HA, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

All glass can contain air bubbles, even Lalique has them sometimes.

KikoBlueEyes, NewEngland and judy like this.
  3. Donna HA

Donna HA Pleasestayhome

Today, I received my pinwheel champagne/sorbet crystal glasses. While examining my purchase, imagine my disappointment when I noticed one of the glasses had not one but two air bubbles. I inherited many bohemian czech pinwheel sets and not one has bubbles. Originally, I was thrilled when I found them on your Etsy account because I've been looking for these glasses for a while. I'm truly disappointed because the description for the the glasses said they were in perfect condition but did not disclose these bubbles.

reply... Joys of customer service - refunding $12.50 regardless

Sorry, but the information you are giving me, you found on a company's web site which they are a little biased because they are obviously trying to sell their wares. On the other hand, I found info on wikipedia that explains the glassmaker's prospective when opting for lead: "vessels may be made free from trapped air bubbles with considerably less difficulty allowing the manufacture of perfectly clear, flawless objects". On that note, I myself have 110 diff. size Bohemian Czech pinwheell crystal glasses and not one has bubbles in them. Please don't misunderstand me, you packaged the glasses with perfect care but I paid for 10 flawless glasses and received 9 because the 10th one has 2 bubbles not 1. This information was not disclosed in your description. I don't know if you saw the pictures I sent so I will send them again. What I'm proposing is a credit on my card for $12.50 (the price I paid for the flawed glass). I would like to solve this today but I will be leaving for the cottage soon, so I won't be able to respond to further messages only on Monday due to no internet up there, sorry. I hope we can work this out.

http://www.crystalglamour.eu/en/faq...1KytrVuUQRS-t4sezLNz3XENU9Z0WWvaG8qTk6JSLBK6A

Frequently asked questions about crystal glass

4. How do I know that it is the true Bohemian crystal?
    Our fine products are containing exactly 24% of lead oxide. Thus are heavier and more massive than ordinary glass. Crystal glass produced in our factory is hand cut so our products have a high refractive index and shimmer beautifully. If you double-click on a open bowl or on a crystal clear glass it should issue a long ringing sound. The color is neutral glass clear. Products should not be greenish, blue or too pink tinted. As a by product of hand manufacturing a small bubbles can appear in the final product. A small bubble should be seen as a evidence that the product was actually made by hand. It should be seen as a original and unique. Nevertheless, the product should not contain excessive amounts of these bubbles.

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Oh dear...... Definitely block them if you can from any future purchases, a couple of tiny air bubbles really aren't a fault. As you say, the joys of dealing with people on the internet. Fortunately antiques and collectables have lower than average muppetry, jewellery is worse and vintage electronics, well.....

Donna HA likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted