Featured South American? Market Painting

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Jun 6, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

B7C6CE34-2713-43CC-AFE5-99A0326129BE.jpeg E4E7B67A-B472-44E3-A68A-34601B470A90.jpeg I would think South American? Signed Donna, Danna, Dorra...?

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

3. kardinalisimo

That’s possible too.

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Never heard it before but apparently Danna is a girl's first name in Spanish. And, I'm going to ask my parrot question... Anything on the back? Sticker, label handwritten notation?

Debora

5. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

This is interesting. He produced work for W.T. Burger Co. Here's an excerpt from this site.

https://www.justanswer.com/appraisals/9hyua-customer-painting-wt-burger-co-registry-no-7545.html

"In 1946, the W.T. Burger Co. was founded to provide art - both original and reproduction - for the company's frames. Their manufacture did not continue much after mid-century because the process to make them was prohibitively expensive."

Parra's bio is here. Note the W.T. Burger Co. stamp on back of work featured in this sale.

https://www.lot-art.com/auction-lot...926-Mexican-Women/304-oscar_parra-04.8-leland

So a decorative painter.

Debora

302147_6.jpg

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. kardinalisimo

Jivvy likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. But his work is attractive. He sold in D.F. and Acapulco -- likely to the tourist crowd -- and supplied paintings to a U.S. company to fill frames. There's nothing about him on the Mexican internet. And the only information about him on the American internet appears to be on auction sites.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted