South Indian Royal Locker

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Jithin Samuel, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Jithin Samuel

Jithin Samuel Heritage Arts Antiques Store

This locker cupboard, commissioned for the South India (Tamil Nadu )Royal Thanjavur Family, was first used over 150 years ago, as a safe to store immensely precious jewellery and silks. Made of the most durable iron and wood, this item is ornately decorative. The main doors open to show two rows and two columns of pull out drawers. Above these drawers are the shelves, which are further protected by a second set of doors. The shelves are made of three racks. The carvings show Goddess Lakshmi, the Hindu deity of wealth and prosperity. An exhibition piece, this handcrafted storage item is a masterpiece in design, security and utility. [​IMG]

cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Thanks-looks like a "for sale" advertisement-there is a Sell category for it and I expect it will be moved there soon.

*crs* and KingofThings like this.
  3. Jithin Samuel

Thanks for advice, I just trying to showcase my collections ... How to move this thread to sell category?

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It has already been moved.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It.s very lovely...

6. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

It is very lovely!

But I don't believe it was posted for sale, as Jithin did say it was an exhibition piece, which usually means it is in a museum of some sort.

Makes me think it was just posted to share.
    Too bad it got moved so quickly.

7. Jithin Samuel

I have around 1000 antique peices in my showroom. This is my first thread here... If any one like to buy am ready to sell..

8. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

It must be extremely heavy......

9. Jithin Samuel

Yes teak wood with iron .. Around 400 to 600 kg

10. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Did you read his introduction ?
    Most all intro's are about learning and sharing , about personal interests and the desire to join such a welcoming site.....not a store manifest !

Oh, don't worry Samuel, there's room for you here too......just not as an advertising venue for your Antique store.;)

12. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

You have a great website. I especially like the 3-D tours of the different galleries. Very impressive!

13. Jithin Samuel

Thank you @Bookahtoo its google 360 view of our shop

Draft saved Draft deleted