Featured Staffordshire Cat Figure ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg An unusual cat foigure with glass eyes has me at the boards again, picked this unusual cat figure with glass eyes and have thoroughly researched but turned up nothing.Theres a firing hole underneath with a sliver of wood in it and there's a serial number to its feet looks like 3460 any help identifying this strange cat always appreciated.

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

That's an interesting figurine. Given the painting, might look towards Delft.

3. Brubaker50

Thought Dutch maybe as well as Staffordshire but not a thing and haven't seen an example that resembles this cat.

Ghopper1924, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. Brubaker50

What about a Delft Ware copy of a Galle cat figure I saw a white one with similar blue painting on it , it's the closest I have seen that looks remotely like it .I did the usual image search and one came up at an auction like a larger sitting version.

Ghopper1924, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Ghopper1924, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. buyingtime777

Hmm, comparing the cats closely I believe that is yours. Sorry!

7. Brubaker50

Hi that's fine no probs thanks for taking the time to look .Havent any joy yet but will try and see if I can I'd it through the number on its paws.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Did you come across this guy? The seller thought it was Bavent which is a new term for me.
    Don

9. Brubaker50

Hi Don looks to be more art pictures than pottery but still worth me checking out thanks again,William.

10. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

11. buyingtime777

I have looked high and low. I can't get anywhere with the number. I wonder if the odd firing hole might be a clue? I will look more when I have a few minutes. It is a rather striking cat and I find it attractive BTW.

12. buyingtime777

Found a company called "Just Cats and Co" Staffordshire doing cats with glass eyes. I can't find one like yours but it looks like something they would do. Maybe a sticker was removed or it was an early one. Might be worth digging a little deeper. I believe you are in England and your search engines might turn up stuff mine doesn't. https://www.google.com/search?q=just+cats+&+co&source=lnms&tbm=isch&biw=1680&bih=917

13. buyingtime777

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of Just Cats, I don't think this is one of theirs. Dutch motif, but it looks Chinese in shape.

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

All will be forgiven Don, that hat is priceless. I hadn't seen this one before, you put that silly grin on my face again, thank you!:D

Draft saved Draft deleted