Staffordshire Figure of a Woman

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Jun 29, 2020.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I am not someone who is very well versed on Staffordshire - Prattware figures. I feel like this one has some age - it also has some damage so it might not even be worth exploring but I do want to give my consignor some information. She stands approx. 13.75" and the base is 3.62".
    Thank you for looking! IMG_7849.JPEG IMG_7850.JPEG IMG_7852.JPEG IMG_7854.JPEG IMG_7857.JPEG IMG_7862.JPEG

2. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

3. laura9797

Thanks! I never to think to look in rubylane! I always forget! That color looks almost re-painted for 1800's.......

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd be curious to read what others think but... that's the type of overall crazing seen on recent Chinese imports.

Debora

janetpjohn likes this.
  5. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

My personal view is that it’s correct for the period.

6. laura9797

the crazing definitely is not forced. I saw an old photo of the owner with this piece who has passed and she was in her 20's holding it. She passed away in her 80's. She was an antique dealer here in Atlanta. Pretty well known at Scott's.

7. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted