Stained Glass Window Value

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chasingwaves, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Chasingwaves

Chasingwaves New Member

Hi Antiquers! My husband purchased this large stained glass window on Craig's list and we are trying to determine the value as we realize we simply don't have a place in our home for it. All the seller said is that it came from a church. I researched the style which looks like Mission Style and Tiffany Style glass with rippled and striated pieces. It has 96 glass pieces and some are cracked. It measures 52.25" Tall x 32.5" Wide x 1.75" Thick. Any assistance/advice is appreciated. IMG_1606_small.jpg IMG_1606_small.jpg IMG_1606_small.jpg IMG_1589 - Copy.JPEG IMG_1593 - Copy.JPEG IMG_1594 - Copy.JPEG IMG_1604 - Copy.JPEG IMG_1607 - Copy.JPEG IMG_1597 - Copy.JPEG

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Looks like commercial glass, not too old, maybe 70's/80's craft revival?

Just a guess of course.

Houseful, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Looks like it was longer in it's earlier life. And with all those cracks, I would not be optimistic about selling it for more than you yourself paid for it.

kyratango and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Have you tried checking Ebay.com? I'd put in size, mention cracks, but also when posting, scroll down and check the box for SOLD items.....you'll get a truer estimate of what people have paid for something similar!! Good Luck too!!!!

*crs*, Houseful and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Chasingwaves

Chasingwaves New Member

Thanks blooey, Bakersgma, and Aquitaine! Very helpful.

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think this is old but not worth a lot due to damage. I can't see getting much more than $50.00 for this in my market if I could find a buyer.

*crs*, komokwa and popsycat like this.
  7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

This is nice but unexciting design for a church window. I agree with verybrad and something difficult and expensive to ship.

*crs* and komokwa like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm not really seeing the copper foil under the lead which would indicate Tiffany Style manufacture....

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the market is soft...but at $50...i'd buy it without thinking.....even with the damage....the glass itself is worth more than that..

10. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I’ve done quite well (relatively speaking) with a lot of stained and painted glass I bought at an auction. It’s sold quickly on a local marketplace platform and some pieces on eBay. Mostly pretty modern painted glass. If this were mine I would list it for $150-$200 locally and see what happened. You can always drop the price. I live in a heavily populated area with plenty of money around so that probably helps. This is nice but definitely doesn’t look “churchy” to me.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted