Featured Stamp Pictures(old photos)

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Shwikman, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

Found this supple leather booklet of photos, about 3”x 7”. A lot of the plates have multiple images on them, it’s kind of interesting. I thought I would share a few here....and the baby picture on the bottom makes me smile.
    5DA95616-341C-484A-90C3-CB4F72ED4632.jpeg 584CFB84-FEB6-427D-B253-B15050EA1D1C.jpeg 2B0CB29F-1F41-475D-B43C-A5F54CA30530.jpeg 883E0B1A-1C8D-4453-84AF-307E701BA2E0.jpeg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Sort of like what you get from a photo booth, except studio portraits with time between shots. Interesting. I love old photos of babies & children.

pearlsnblume, Shwikman, Pat P and 5 others like this.
  3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Lovely images and the ones of the little boy are cute. I wonder why the term "Stamp" is included on the cover?

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks like that toddler might have still been wearing that outfit three years later.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

He's long dead, that little towhead boy.

Debora

i need help, Shwikman and Bronwen like this.
  6. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Maybe @Figtree3 will have correct info, but my thought was that photos in strips like this were one way people had them processed &, since a standard album of the time was not designed to hold them, they were bound this way
    Hand me down, probably. And would have had room for a least a couple of years of growth.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Fabric looks stiff, so probably new. Two sizes too big so he could grow into them.
    Pictures were special. They would have put him in his best.

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Probably refers to the size.
    Stamp size.

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

The little boy’s footwear is unusual.

Bronwen, Shwikman and Pat P like this.
  10. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

Here’s a few more~

FE52FD20-4488-4E79-B544-551721C1C0D2.jpeg A12E8778-43E3-4142-BD7B-FC09F1CC8136.jpeg 8F08F665-58AA-41CB-9E9F-AABF8AE31930.jpeg

11. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It looks like these are glued to the pages of a pre-made album --

I tried searching "stamp pictures" as a phrase and found a few references from the 1914-1918 era to something different. From this description it sounds like they are referring to what we now call "stickers." This is from 1914: https://books.google.com/books?id=B...age&q="stamp pictures" album -postage&f=false

It's possible the album could also have been used for those.

Looks like this album includes some strips and some individual photos. I don't know anything about these sorts of photos, although I know people from Facebook who would. Also, I see writing under the strips that probably identifies people in the photos.

Pat P, Bronwen and Shwikman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted