Stanley Lewis Litography.Repair??@!!

Discussion in 'Art' started by Nick72, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Picked- up this signed Lithography by Montréal Artist Stanley Lewis @ auction not long ago.
    It is Titled '' Emprisoned Poet'' # 25 of 45 made.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lewis passed away in 2006, he was well knowned in The Montréal, had His studio on top of a Jewish Funeral Monument Maker on The Infamous St-Laurent Street right across from Schwartz's smoked meat in Montréal.
    It measures 18'' X 24'', there is a Tear in the paper which is very thin and fragile by the way.
    How should i go about repairing this? I think it is worth getting done and properly framed.
    Does anyone know or can recommend a place here in Montréal where is could get this fixed properly?....i know it might be a long shot but that is why forums exist ;).Thanks to any Input or advice from all.

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

3. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

I plan to keep it, wondering how much the job will cost though!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Nick72 likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Nick72 likes this.
  6. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Are they still on Sherbrooke between the Decarie x-pressway and Décarie street, i Remember they were doing some huge renos on that building a few years ago, Gemst has been around forever but not sure they do fixes, know they sold all the artists needs, will look into it. Thanks a bunch Komokwa.

7. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Paid a big 25$ U.S by the way...

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they are across the street from Ruby Foo's....in a strip mall just behind Decarie.

9. Nick72

Nick72 Well-Known Member

Ok...they moved way north close to Namur that means, cheers, will look into it!!;)

Christmasjoy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted