Featured Starting my Christmas list early - Dear Santa, I've been a good girl...

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by evelyb30, Aug 18, 2022.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

stracci, Isy Jay, elarnia and 9 others like this.
  2. evelyb30

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

World Peace....would be nice !;)

Oh, unless it has to be something personal.....

in which case........... World Peace ! ;)

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'll start small, fewer people losing their minds over stupid or un-true stuff.
    upload_2022-8-18_7-19-39.png

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The odds are better that you'll get that ring.

Marko, Isy Jay, bercrystal and 4 others like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'll take this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Potteryplease, Marko, stracci and 5 others like this.
  8. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

Dear Santa, I don't want jewelry that I can't wear everyday. How about you just send me two tickets to Hawaii for my sister and I. Think of how much money you could save!

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Mine, by the way, is an emerald watch from the Cheapside Hoard.

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

GOOGLE couldn't convert that price!!!!!!!!!!!!! It went Blooey!!! So, how much would that actually be in USA dollars????? NOT that I've got that kind of 'dinero' unless it's under $100.:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::joyful::joyful::joyful:

ulilwitch, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  11. evelyb30

About $400,000 I think. The only Paraiba I've seen in person was in the diamond case at Tiffany.
    I've got better odds.

I figured something along those lines. Crown property. I figured Her Majesty had it stashed with the Cambridge emeralds.

12. komokwa

"someone", isn't feeling the pinch of inflation..........

Aquitaine, Bronwen and Isy Jay like this.
  13. evelyb30

Then again the emeralds are Crown property, not her Majesty's personal stash. But... I doubt she's feeling much pain in the wallet.

ulilwitch, Aquitaine and Bronwen like this.
  14. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am in the market for a vintage Burmese ruby and diamond ring. Rubies and emeralds are my favorite non-diamond gemstones. I do like vintage cornflower blue sapphires, not too-dark sapphires. I have had the worst luck with rubies- lost (in the house) a graduated ruby band my husband bought me. Turned the couch over on a ruby cluster ring and squashed it. Chipped a baguette ruby in a 14k retro rose gold ring. Threw my latest Victorian diamond and ruby band in the trash (pretty sure, can't find it.) Want a round or rectangular ruby, don't like ovals.

PepperAnna, ulilwitch and komokwa like this.
  15. evelyb30

I'm not picky - as long as it's crazy money and not one of those nasty tiffany settings, I'm down!

Marko and ulilwitch like this.
  16. komokwa

@Marko , I once dropped an antique 18 K tigers eye ring down the toilet.....as it was flushing. ...

I feel ya !!!

Marko and PepperAnna like this.
  17. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Omgoodness!

PepperAnna and ulilwitch like this.
  18. evelyb30

19. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Well, I will tell you a story. I passed on an emerald ring I loved because a "friend" told me it was ugly. I had always regretted it. A few years ago, I saw a retro emerald and diamond ring on ebay that was amazing. Come to find out, the store selling it was in Cape May, so I went to look at it. It fit perfectly, and was even more amazing in person. I took my friend to look at it, and she didn't like it, too expensive, not quality enough, etc. It really was too expensive, so I offered them 75% of the price via ebay. No go. Every time I visited Cape May, I tried the ring on.

The ring sat there, in the store and on ebay. I was watching a home shopping channel on winter day, and they were selling chrome diopside rings. I checked ebay, and the ring was still there. I sent a half-price offer on ebay, and they accepted!!!! I called them later in the day, and they said an out-of-state dealer was looking at it when I sent the offer in. I was so happy! I called my friend to share my good news, and she berated me saying 50% off wasn't enough, I should have gotten 75% off, I wasted money, etc. I told her I had to go. I have never spoken to her again (there are other reasons I will not go into here why I don't.) I have never regretted the purchase, and while I don't wear the ring but on special occasions, I treasure it. Here is the ring:
    https://queenmayjewelry.com/products/retro-art-deco-platinum-diamond-emerald-cluster-ring-c-1930s
    You can swipe the pictures on this site to see different views.
    The picture on my hand does not do it justice.
    20190407_185604.jpg

20. evelyb30

Platinum diamond and emerald and it's ugly???? G'bye "friend"!

NanaB, Marko, ulilwitch and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted