Featured Stemware glassie: Set of 6, 16 panel, floral cutting goblets

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Dec 24, 2020.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Good morning and Merry Christmas to all. I picked up a set of these stemware goblets on the cheap at a local flea market recently. Probably should have left them as stemware always gives me fits trying to ID. These stand about 7 3/4" tall x 4 1/2" top diameter. They have 16 panels with a floral cutting. I've tried google images with no luck. I also have Replacements Crystal stemware book and didn't see it. It is possible I overlooked them. Eyes get a little crossed eyed after so many pages :banghead: Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated. EtchedStemware.JPG EtchedStemware2d.JPG EtchedStemware2a.JPG EtchedStemware2b.JPG EtchedStemware2c.JPG

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    TraceyB, judy, pearlsnblume and 3 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

They ARE lovely, but wishing I could help.....sorry!! Happy Holidays!!

3. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

They are above average, the cutting on the foot is not a usual thing. I can't help with ID, though, Sorry.

TraceyB, *crs* and judy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Me neither Carl!

Just wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

TraceyB and *crs* like this.
  5. *crs*

Thank you Tom, Judy and Aquitaine. I figured the 16 panels would help with an ID but not lucky with my google mojo :happy:

TraceyB and judy like this.
  6. Ally330

Ally330 Weekend thrifter

Libby glass??

judy, TraceyB and *crs* like this.
  7. *crs*

Libbey Rock Sharpe? I'll check into that. Thanks for the lead.

judy and TraceyB like this.
  8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

closest I'm seeing at "R" is Mirage my Colony, but it doesn't seem to be an exact match to me...
    P0000016628S0004T2.jpg (224×418) (replacements.com)

[​IMG]

unfortunately the "R" search engine is wonky for me. Should be able to limit returns by searching 'bulbous wafer stem'.

judy, TraceyB and *crs* like this.
  9. *crs*

Good morning Don and Merry Christmas to you. Thank you but like you said, it is close but no cigar. Their search engine has always been hit or miss for me. The biggest difference that I'm seeing is the lack of the "wafer" at the bottom of the bowl and the stem flares back out just above the bottom "wafer" on Mirage which mine does not. I really appreciate you looking. Thanks again

judy, TraceyB and TallCakes like this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

11. TraceyB

TraceyB Well-Known Member

They are so lovely :happy: Very delicate.

*crs* likes this.
  12. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I concur that the bowl, stem were one gather, not put together. (No Wafer) The foot was applied subsequently to the stem being formed.

*crs* likes this.
  13. *crs*

I realized they weren't wafers but for lack of a better term is why I used quotation marks. Thanks Tom

14. *crs*

Excuse my tardiness in responding. I'm still not receiving any email notifications from the group. I've tried just about everything I can think of including removing the check boxes from everything and logging out. Log back in and recheck the boxes

Draft saved Draft deleted