Sterling 925 Motorbike Chopper

Discussion in 'Silver' started by RinTinTin, Jan 24, 2019.

1. RinTinTin

RinTinTin Well-Known Member

I've bought this a few years ago as a part of a lot. A medal from 1870 was why I bought the lot and the rest were religious medals from Lourdes from the first half of the 20th century.

This little motorbike was part of it and hadn't paid any attention to it. Didn't even notice the 925 because I assumed it wasn't silver.

Now, some questions:
    Can it be silver even if there are no marks beside the 925. I looks like silver to me.

Which bike is that? I was never interested in them and know nothing about them. Fantasy model or a known one?

Has anybody seen this before? All information & input welcome. DSCN1667.JPG DSCN1668.JPG DSCN1669.JPG DSCN1670.JPG DSCN1671.JPG DSCN1672.JPG DSCN1673.JPG DSCN1674.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

3. RinTinTin

I did figure out that it's a chopper and the pin isn't from before 1950. Brand? Model? These are the questions.

judy and Phaik Hooi like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes, its can, and it looks like sterling to me too. Very nice detail, and as Phaik Hooi said, a tie clasp.

5. Any Jewelry

Does it say something on the exhaust (uitlaat)?

6. RinTinTin

No, there is nothing on the exhaust. It just looks that way, just wear marks. There is another 925 but smaller on the front wheel. Other 925 is on the clip.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

in the style of Easy Rider Captain America ? Harley

8. Phaik Hooi

sorry i always thought chopper bike were mostly custom made, so .....

BoudiccaJones, judy and RinTinTin like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Harley. That outght to sell well enough.

10. RinTinTin

Damn, it seems I really dropped the ball on this one. There seems to be a mark as well. FSG? Not sure which side is up.

Also, about the construction. Doesn't seems glued or anything like but in one piece. Sign of quality? DSCN1677.JPG DSCN1679.JPG DSCN1682.JPG

judy, Any Jewelry and Phaik Hooi like this.
  11. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

Yes choppers were custom but started from a stock bike and I think the favorite choice was Harley

12. Phaik Hooi

tq!

judy likes this.
  13. Any Jewelry

I wouldn't expect two pieces of silver to be glued together.:)

judy and RinTinTin like this.
  14. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

The only thing you can say for sure is it resembles a motorcycle, It bears a resemblance to several different makes (top end of engine sort of looks like a knuckle) but nothing for sure. Choppers were as bobsyouruncle said custom and everything from Hondas to Harleys were converted but no self respecting biker would ride anything but a Harley :cigar::cigar::cigar:

15. RinTinTin

judy and bobsyouruncle like this.
  16. Phaik Hooi

the "skinny tie" tie pin
    i still have my dad's skinny ties although i am trying to persuade my brother to wear them :D

17. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

choppers have their name because every unnecessary part was chopped off to make the bike faster.

sch3gsd, judy and RinTinTin like this.
  18. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

The bike part is mixed parts,cast and wire stock.Hard to say who made,a biker,student ,hobbyist,etc.The clip appears to be a commercial finding and possibly made by Esslinger. https://www.esslinger.com/

Phaik Hooi, judy and RinTinTin like this.
  19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

While stock Harley's made great choppers , selling this with any brand name would be wrong.
    It's a Chopper...............das all.

Draft saved Draft deleted