Featured Sterling Silver 3d Coin Bracelets

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Shangas, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

[​IMG]

Picked these up today at the local flea-market. Coins made of sterling silver Edwardian-era 3d coins. A total of 24d or 2/- on each bracelet, making a grand-total of 4/-. I think they're pretty cute :)

2. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I like those. Good find!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I've seen similar pieces before, but the coins are always either brass or not even real coins. BTW - the boxwood yard stick is pretty sweet too.

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I like the bottom one.
    It has more work...more silver...didn't destroy the coins...& the bezels seem to have stamp marks on them !!

Nice find !

5. Shangas

Thanks! The lady I bought them from gave me a really good discount, I felt, so I didn't think it was polite to try and haggle further. She'd had them for months and nobody wanted them. It pays to be friendly at your local flea-market!! :D

The same lady I bought these from also had a pair of sterling silver 3d-coin cufflinks, too. Either that or 6d cufflinks (I forget which) - I've always kicked myself for not buying them... they were pretty cute!

Hey KK - Yes they're both pretty incredible. I'm not sure which one I like most but the bottom one definitely has more work done to it. The bezels have absolutely MICROSCOPIC lion-passant hallmarks stamped on them. I believe there's also stuff like a maker's mark and stuff, but I can't read them.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  6. evelyb30

Whoever made those cared. I'd have pounced on those cufflinks, but that's just me. As a woman with long arms, I believe if I'm forced to wear mens' shirts I'm allowed to wear their bling too.

komokwa likes this.
  7. Shangas

I wanted to buy the links, but I fiddled-and-jibbered over them too long and when I went back they'd been sold. But nobody had touched these two bracelets for AGES. Every time she's at the market they're in her display-cabinet, so I decided to just risk it and buy them.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

no risk......no reward !!!

good on ya mate !

9. evelyb30

Someone might as well make out this week!

Draft saved Draft deleted