Featured Sterling Silver Steer's head Belt Buckle with belt

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Aquitaine, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi all to those looking!! This was my Mom's (Dad was mostly not in to wearing this stuff) as she loved it all!! The belt is 37 1/2" in length, the buckle is 3-3/8" in width and 2-1/2" in height. It is clearly stamped silver on the back, but I see no signature anywhere on it. One of her trips out west with Dad when he went out for business back in the 60's .....I have not weighed it......will do that! From what I can see on eboo's sold listing for sterling, it should be worth in the vicinity of around $200.00, but someone more learned can let me know if they have a better idea, PLEASE??? Thank You for any & ALL input in advance!!!! Most Appreciated, ALWAYS!!!!
    Sue

WOW! After uploading, I just saw a small "RM" on the back - 2nd image, bottom right, where the leather belt goes through.....I have NO clue who that could be back in the Sixties??

zzzBUCKLE FRONTaa.jpg zzzBUCKLE BACK WHOLEaa.jpg zzzBUCKLE BACK STER.jpg zzzBUCKLE FRONT W BELTaa.jpg

2. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like a cast buckle with an applied steer head,the engraving also looks to be cast into the piece. There were a number of companies making these in the 60's,copying original hand engraved base buckles and making a mold for casting.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Very Nice, Aquitaine!
    I’m sure it will sell quickly.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thank you! Think I'll try posting in the SELL forum on here.....never done that before.....anything I need to know?????????

BTW.....78 grams......

EDIT: And I just Looped it.....no "FM".....just tarnish:(:sorry:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I don’t think so. I posted there only once. I just read the previous posts, and tried to follow the format.

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted