Featured Sterling wrapped perfume bottle w/ dragon.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bercrystal, Dec 2, 2017.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I have had this bottle for about 10 years. I know it originally held Chanel #5 because it is marked on the bottom of the bottle & also it is that unmistakable shape. The silver portion also has its own marks as shown in the close-up photos.

I was told a few years back that the silver decoration was probably done in Mexico sometime in the last 30 to 40 years. However when I saw the other bottle that was posted earlier this week I decided to try posting it here to see what the silver gurus could come up with regarding my bottle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Peggy, that is one very cool bottle! I have a number of silver overlay perfume bottles, but I hadn't seen a Chanel bottle with an overlay like this before. Seriously cool!

The thing is, it doesn't look very Mexican to me. The motif seems far more Chinese. (Maybe?)

3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

4. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

I found an example much like yours, very similar motif, same "Sammy" signature sold on eBay Sept. 2, 2014.

kyratango, Christmasjoy, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I love it. Classic Chinese export silver.

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

7. bercrystal

I agree that it doesn't look like a design that Mexican artists might have produced, but I never was able to find one like it at the time. This was long before I knew even the miniscule amount I do now about sterling.

This bottle has been packed away for about 5 years now mainly because it really doesn't fit into my collection & I got tired of polishing it all the time. :p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes: I thought about it when I saw the other bottle & realized the design was very familiar. I dug the bottle out to get more opinions because the people who gave me the original opinion were perfume bottle experts.

Thank you so much for the link. I have saved it in my favorites because you just never know what may come across your path. :happy::happy:

I think this piece may have to get polished up a little better & possibly sent to a new forever home with someone who likes to polish silver. ;):D:D:D

8. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

let me know if and when you list it please

9. bercrystal

I will be glad to let you know. :happy::happy::happy:

kyratango, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And that's the FIRST RECTANGULAR Silver Overlay one I've seen!!!!!!! VERY NICE !!:):)

judy and KingofThings like this.
  11. bercrystal

@Chris Mount - Did you get the private message I sent to you?

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted