Steuben Carter Selenium Red Cherry Cocktail Shaker

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kellaurm, Feb 11, 2018.

1. kellaurm

kellaurm Well-Known Member

Hi, I have this: http://www.cardersteubenclub.com/shapes/item-view.cfm?RecordID=24072

It is from an estate. The site above gives you all the information about the shape and what it is. What I can't find is a ballpark value. I know it is rare and I'm guessing it's at least worth a few hundred. I just don't want to get told it's worth less than it is if I go to sell it. I'm not sure if we can discuss values on here so forgive me if we can't. I just want to get an idea. Thanks.

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Kellaurm!

Those who would know, would like to see a photo of the piece that you own. Including the base.

Any Jewelry and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Members here are cautious about going to unknown sites/links, ergo the reason for being able to post your images right here!! Here's a brief tutorial, if you haven't seen it before........although if you've been here since 2016.......anyway, here 'tis!!!!

zTutorialForIMAGES2.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I have a shaker with that top, it's black, the shaker is red, as is your top. I do not recognize the bottom of the shaker.

Edit The signature pretty well nails the manufacture.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    judy likes this.
  5. kellaurm

kellaurm Well-Known Member

Here are the photos

Attached Files:

6. Aquitaine

FULL SIZE always best, but ....glad you got them posted here!! Here
    they are full size:

steuben.jpg

steuben2.jpg steuben3.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Aquitaine

@kellaurm .....you may want to post a clearer image of the middle one that says Steuben.....it was so small...I tried to enlarge it, but it is no longer crisp.....which many eyes need to see!!!! Thanks SO much!!!!

BTW, It's a LOVELY shaker!!!!!!!:):):)

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Kellaurm - It is very difficult to price these type of seldom seen items. They come up on the market so rarely that establishing a value is next to impossible. I would recommend searching other Steuben cocktail shakers and seeing what prices they bring. If that doesn't work I would contact an auction house that specializes in higher priced glass. Perhaps they could give you an estimate of what they think it might bring. The Carder Steuben club may be willing to suggest an auctioneer or a qualified appraiser. Unfortunately, with these higher end items it sometimes becomes necessary to spend some money to establish a reliable value.
    Don

judy likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

https://www.cmog.org/set/carder-0

Hi again! At the bottom of the above link, there is a "contact" link.....unless you've been there already! Maybe you can send them your images, fill them in and see if they can help you??? Worth a try, since they seem to have a lot of Frederick Carder's early collection!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted