Stiffel Lamp Made After 2000

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Littlemountain, May 12, 2020.

1. Littlemountain

Littlemountain New Member

Hello;

I haven't posted in awhile.

I have what I assumed was a Stiffel floor lamp; but on further inspection I found a label that says made in China and another one that is dated 2003. I know that Sulton Inc. Bought Stiffels molds in 2000 and se DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1761.JPG DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1761.JPG DSC_1762.JPG DSC_1763.JPG DSC_1764.JPG DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1761.JPG DSC_1762.JPG DSC_1763.JPG DSC_1764.JPG DSC_1760.JPG DSC_1761.JPG DSC_1762.JPG DSC_1763.JPG DSC_1764.JPG nt them off to China. So I guess the question is, is this lamp a Stiffel or is it a knock off.

Does anyone have any ideas about its value. I have searched and could only find one other that looked like it. That one was at one time carried by Lowe's, but not any longer.

As always, any input is welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would make a knock off of a Stiffel lamp and fake the markings, there are plenty around without that. When Salton bought the Stiffel name and molds, they moved production to China. Since then the name has been bought by another US company so is being made in the US again. Yours therefore dates from Salton ownership around 2000 to 2013. "“Stiffel lamps were zinc casting and that’s exactly what we do. Our intent is to revive the brand,” Filler explains. A search for the original molds, which were sent to a Chinese factory when Salton moved production of the Stiffel line overseas" https://enlightenmentmag.com/news/cutting-edge-stiffel-brand

Value modest; a used floor lamp made in brass (or possibly plated zinc? the older ones were brass) with traditional (not very desirable) style.

3. Littlemountain

Littlemountain New Member

Thank you for the info.

Draft saved Draft deleted