Stiffel Lamps

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Allthecolors, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Allthecolors

Allthecolors New Member

Ok so I have been to the end of the internet trying to find a Stiffel lamp as shown below. I find many lamps similar but not identical. It appears to be made of brass, its super super heavy and the glass shade has the word Stiffel.

Any knowledge about Stiffel Lamp era/value please post!

Also - Im new here so if Im posting incorrectly please advise!

IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_3159.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_4932.jpg IMG_3473.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The shades are not being held in by the 3 brass colored screws that would have been original to the lamps, so wondering if they are not replacements that happened to fit & the bases are by someone else.

Bakersgma, Jivvy, antidiem and 2 others like this.
  3. Allthecolors

Allthecolors New Member

Gosh I never thought of that~. Thanks!!!

judy, bobsyouruncle and Bronwen like this.
  4. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

Did you try googling Stiffel Candlestick Lamps? I've found some that were similar though the base wasn't exactly the same....but I didn't spend too much time looking either.

Bronwen and judy like this.
  5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Welcome, Allthecolors. :)

I still have a Stiffel lamp we bought in the '80s. Mine doesn't have the tall white section, but the brass part is somewhat similar. I don't know if my lamp has any marks.

6. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Noticed that. New and wrong type screw. Plus plastic turn knob looks newer also

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I just looked at my Stiffel lamp that's in my guest/store room. I misremembered... it's a totally different shape.

The lamp I remember looking like yours was one my mother bought in the late 1950s or early 60s. I don't know if it was a Stiffel and I'm not able to check it out since it's in storage. Sorry!

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Stiffel made very good quality brass lamps and in some circles bring a premium. Here in my semi-rural Midwest location they do not. Maybe $20.00 each if I could find a buyer at all. You may do better (or worse) in your location. Think yours are late 50s or 60s.

Pat P and Bronwen like this.
  9. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

See if you can find antique brass or brass set screws to replace what is there. Usually there are 3 per shade. You might check lamp shops or hardware stores.
    Patd

Draft saved Draft deleted