Storage Find Mystery Pottery Mark Vintage Quilted Like Pattern Pottery Jug

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Apr 7, 2022.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

I found this pottery in my storage.I'm not sure if I listed this before.Trying to find out who the maker is.Quilted like pattern,appears to be a jug or bottle. SAM_6126.JPG SAM_6127.JPG SAM_6128.JPG SAM_6130.JPG

2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

That pattern looks like it was made by pressing wire window screen or cheesecloth or burlap (something along those lines) into the wet clay before glazing and firing.

That's a very interesting mark and I am positive I've seen it somewhere in the past. No recollection of the maker name though!

3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

4. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I went looking in Lehner's mark book and couldn't find anything.

6. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

:watching::bookworm:I did the same thing. I went through the whole P section, plus the index.
    :peeking:I looked on the Marks Project website also. :(

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted