Featured Strange items that come along with a lot of perfume bottles.

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bercrystal, Apr 19, 2020.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I bought a small lot of perfume bottles last week & I am forever getting strange things included in lots that are not even close to having anything to do with perfume.

This time I got something that I have no idea about & another that I am fairly certain about. I did not photograph the second one, but it is basically a 2 3/8" long & 3/8" across stainless steel tube with a screw on cap. Attached to the inside of the cap is the type of thing you see inside a snuff bottle. I would bet my bottom dollar it was used as a cocaine transport back a few years. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The other item is shown below. It reminds me of some type of lab equipment but for what?? :confused::confused::confused:

On the bottom is a $, a 24 over a 12 with a line in between & a K. The 24 over the 12 with a line in between is repeated on the handle. There is also a blank frosted area on the bottom & on the handle where something could be written. :wacky::wacky:

It is about 1 7/8" to the top of the handle, 1" to the side edge & 1" across the bottom.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!:happy::happy::happy:

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

3. bercrystal

Well this is possibly where the main "stash" might have been kept according to a page on the fisher scientific website. ;) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Available in low-, regular- and tall-form, weighing bottles are typically manufactured from glass for the precise weighing of solids. Plastic alternatives are also produced. Generally cylindrical with a flat bottom, weighing bottles are closed with plug-style glass stoppers that create a seal to prevent spillage or evaporation. Weighing bottles are used for their extremely low empty weight, making them exceedingly suited for precision balance use, and are produced in a variety of sizes. Glass weighing bottles are chemically inert and resistant to high temperatures.

https://www.fishersci.com/us/en/browse/90094133/weighing-bottles

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

100 to one , it's theirs........

upload_2020-4-19_19-55-57.jpeg

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

& don't even ask me how i know that by sight......:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::rolleyes:

Christmasjoy and bercrystal like this.
  6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

$426.00 for a case of six????? I don't think I need one that bad!

KSW, anundverkaufen and bercrystal like this.
  7. bercrystal

This one has a chip, but if you need one, just let me know. ;) :D:D :playful::playful::playful::playful:

KSW, anundverkaufen and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted