Featured Strange things - Tea cup upcycling?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DizzyDaff, Jul 25, 2021.

1. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

How creative!

cxgirl, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I know some folks on etsy sell tea cup do overs.
    I would not even try any of this, I am not a crafty person at all. But they are lovely.

cxgirl, judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If the cup wasn't really old or rare and had a star crack in the bottom, why not? Not my style at all, too cozy cottage, but a good recycling of a damaged item.

judy, DizzyDaff and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I love using single tea cups as planters : -)

cxgirl and judy like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Even Chinese modern junque is great for that.

judy, DizzyDaff and Tanya like this.
  7. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I found this lovely tea cup at a yard sale in Maine, $1.

7D9BD889-EFC0-41B4-966A-6B060BED4F73.jpeg

8. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I am a tea cup collector and the vast majority out there are perfect for make-overs, I love it! The curtain "tie back" is a new one, I've not seen that before. The tea cup wine glasses are cute, too. :)
    Once in a while, I see a made over tea cup set and want to cry... knowing that particular set was rare and/or valuable and the crafter probably had no idea.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I remember coming across one of those craft things where they stack china and glass to make a garden ornament, one of the pieces was a Royal Albert Teapot in the Señorita pattern:eek: I almost cried:(

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's what I see here too, Cxgirl.

11. DizzyDaff

DizzyDaff Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

I see this being done with carnival glass "cause it shines so well in the sun" to make garden ornaments and want to cry too. :jawdrop::muted::arghh:
    If its damaged, okay, but please don't ruin a whole beautiful piece to create a craft item. :stop::stop::stop:

Tanya and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted