Studio Glassware Bowl - Does Anyone Recognize the Artist?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 2, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies - I recently purchased this bowl but have run into a bit of a dead end trying to research it. The bowl is 9 1/4" across the top and 3 1/4" tall. It is marked what I think is AGAN 08/83. Thought the mark might make it easier to research, silly me! Does anyone recognize it? Thanks for whatever guidance you can provide. Don

Don IMG_20180501_163046701.jpg IMG_20180501_163058495.jpg IMG_20180501_163130841.jpg IMG_20180501_163124751.jpg

2. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with the name. The one time something is signed clear as a bell!
    Will keep looking.
    It’s very nice!

3. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Could it be A. Gan? There is a glass artist that does fused glass pieces that signs Gan.

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  4. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Could have been made @ Kent State in a Glass Class.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support and suggestions. I will follow up on the A. Gan artist. And it could very well be a student project. I forget about the glass making graduate programs at the universities. The last institution where I worked, Ball State, was just starting up a glass program when I left.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted