Studio Pottery Chop Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:48 AM.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found these 2 studio pottery vases and i am trying to identify the maker. I have been looking all over for the chop mark. i have either missed it or just not found it yet. Any help would be appreciated. The one on the left measures 6 1/2" tall and 4 3/4" wide, the one on the right is 6" tall and 6 1/4" wide.

DSCF3960 - Copy.JPG DSCF3961 - Copy.JPG DSCF3962 - Copy.JPG DSCF3963 - Copy.JPG DSCF3964 - Copy.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

Kirsty Adams, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne? Not like her current work, but she did study in Japan, and the K in her chop mark is very similar.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I do not think it is Tom Homann. The chop mark looks like a match to Kirsty Adams. I will start looking at more of her work. Would this be considered a raku glaze?

5. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

No, not raku. It's high-fired stoneware or porcelain, possibly wood-fired. Could be a soda or salt glaze.

6. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted