STUMPED! Capodimonte Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dan1234, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Dan1234

Dan1234 New Member

I've searched the depths of the internet for this piece, nothing! Any experts out there that could weigh in??
    Screenshot_20200301-015729~2.jpg Screenshot_20200301-015841~2.jpg
    THX!

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The capodimonte mark is one of the most copied marks.
    This appears to be a 1960ish Japanese figurine.

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@flipper
    Just because someone lists something on ebay or esty, does not make their description accurate.

I'm not a Lefton collector so I may be completely wrong. I do not believe Lefton imported items with the crown over N. Lefton had things made for them and had their own numbering system and paper labels.

We used to have a Lefton expert on the board, but I haven't seen him in a long long time. Maybe someone else will know.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I agree with Cluttered, the figurine posted here was not marketed by Lefton. I also agree that it isn't Capodimonte, and most likely Made in Japan or even perhaps another Taiwan.

I'm not sure if a particular importer or manufacturer has ever been identified for the Crown over C mark shown.

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. Dan1234

Dan1234 New Member

Cool, thanks all!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  7. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

8. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

I didn't mean to presume it was Lefton. I looked for something similar to compare it to. Lefton did work with Japan and someone said it looks like it was from Japan, so....it said:
    Figures from 1946 to 1953 may also bear a red sticker with either silver or gold trim on their bases, which reads “Lefton’s Exclusives Japan.” :cyclops:

Draft saved Draft deleted