Style of Little Table?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by stolenchyld, Jun 6, 2019.

1. stolenchyld

stolenchyld Member

Hello!

I have a small wooden table that was my great-aunt's that I've always wondered about. I'm curious about the style of it - I really could never figure it out. Any ideas are appreciated. Please let me know if any of the photos are inadequate (I realize now they're a bit backlit). Thank you! table1.jpg table2.jpg table3.jpg table4.jpg table5.jpg table 6.jpg

Michael77 likes this.
  2. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I take it you know it isn't period, but a more recent 20th century adaptation of earlier forms. More French than Chippendale to me, though it has touches of both.
    This described: "
    French Hand Carved Walnut Antique 1890's Nightstand" (which is itself an adaptation of earlier forms) though yours is more recent and not hand carved. https://www.harpgallery.com/shop/item27323.html
    [​IMG]

verybrad, komokwa and i need help like this.
  3. stolenchyld

stolenchyld Member

Thank you so much! I'm not familiar with the style (I don't really have a grasp on most styles but I'm trying to learn) and this really helps me. All I knew was it was pre-1990 and definitely not a high quality piece of furniture.

Draft saved Draft deleted