Featured Super Xograph 3-D post card

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by CheersDears, Aug 11, 2018.

1. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

s-l1600.jpg

We have this card -- unused, 1960s-70s, Manhattan Post Card Publishing Co, World Trade Center. It's been living in the phone book for quite a while. I've just tried to look it up and see some crazed optimist has one for sale on eBay UK for ridiculous money. Worthpoint seems to have recorded a sale. What do people reckon as to value please? Does anyone have access to Worthpoint or any great interest in postcards? My greed has been piqued :) Thanks in advance.

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Minor thought on the date of the card ... Construction of the WTC towers was completed in the early 1970s. So the card, if a photograph, would be from 1970s, not 1960s.

I have an interest in some postcards, but generally much older than that. This one is nice, though. Can you show the reverse side?

judy, Christmasjoy and Bronwen like this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

This one would be collectible. It's a 3-D effect rendering of what the World Trade Center was going to look like when built. The $12.50 number sounds about right. Most 60s postcards are worth little if anything.

judy, Figtree3 and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. CheersDears

CheersDears Well-Known Member

So my pal in the UK asking 1000 pounds is a bit off the mark ... damn! I'll show the reverse later -- running late as usual. Thanks everyone.

Fid and judy like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not at all...he can ask that all day long......just might be a long day...........:happy::happy::eek:

CheersDears and Fid like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted