Swiss made bracelet ID

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, May 3, 2020.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I wonder if this bracelet is recognisable as from a particular designer as the clasp is somewhat unusual.
    It is only stamped Swiss Made.
    The earrings may or may not be contemporary.
    Any thoughts?. Or terms I can use to describe it if it’s unidentifiable. Thankyou :)
    716D98B1-5958-4357-A57A-8A1C203F12B6.jpeg 27172210-07D0-4E2B-8CC2-92F13562B3DA.jpeg 9C08FF35-0DFC-4BD5-BBDF-C7EEF5A91E9D.jpeg 159EE85D-C473-46D9-A880-9B73E36BB188.jpeg 19191FEC-CB3D-4B04-A1C0-B1C4A3FDFB0C.jpeg 562E03C8-DE35-4D72-9118-8EAD6AA5C3E3.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think that migt be a watch strap.

Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Could be- I didn’t think of that :banghead:.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's all but identical to a gold-plated bracelet I used have kicking around. The links are hollow, and weigh little Yours is missing half the clasp.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

upload_2020-5-3_23-21-1.png upload_2020-5-3_23-21-30.png

I don't see how this would be a watch band. Appears to be an unusual clasp setup.
    Wonder if @Any Jewelry, or @Ownedbybear have seen this type of clasp.

Does not appear to be gold. Looks like chrome or something similar that was plated. You can see the wear on the picture showing the clasp area.

6. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

No it's definitely not gold and quite lightweight. To begin with I thought it was plastic coated metal or that staybrite stuff until I saw the Swiss made stamp. Definitely metal.
    The clasp does work as it hooks onto the bar but trying it on myself it's about an inch short so it fit s that it's either missing half a clasp or a watch face. It goes round my wrist but would be very snug done up. Or it's for some one with more ladylike wrists!.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Yeah bracelets don't fit me as well as they used to. They seem to be shrinking.
    And since we've had to stay at home, well now it's my jeans:eek::mad:

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I can feel myself gently ballooning.

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Had a sort of flip over clasp. The reason I was thinking watch is firstly that Swiss Made bit - I wonder if this was one of those sets of watch and bracelet?

KSW, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Got it!. Think it's RIVO.
    Off to google.

Yes it is. c 1950 aluminium. Looks like they used lots of odd looking clasps and made anything they could out of aluminium including sunglasses and jewellery. No value but mystery solved.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Nice design and love the hidden clasp.
    It is a 'high' Modernist design, anyone who collects mcm jewellery or objects will love it. Aluminium and chrome are very Modernist materials, the trend of using base materials in new design started in the Art Deco period.
    This design was already around in the Art Deco period, btw.

clutteredcloset49 and KSW like this.
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s good to know. I have a couple of MCM items I may put together as a lot.
    The google site said they copied earlier designs so that’s interesting to know they were Art Deco designs.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted