T Richards Blunderbuss fake?

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Nathan Lindop, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nathan Lindop

Nathan Lindop 1: “?” 2: “!”

Saw this today. I'm more aware than anybody how crappy the photos are but a guy working them wouldn't leave me alone I shouldn't takeb my time I apologise.

My dad used to own guns and he's super suspicious of this he thinks it might be made of non matching barrel and stock.

But we're fully up for a second opinion. Does what you see in these pics look suspicious?

IMG_20181111_135419.jpg Screenshot_20181111_135358.jpg l IMG_20181111_135331_952.jpg IMG_20181111_135331_957.jpg IMG_20181111_135331_962.jpg IMG_20181111_140014.jpg

Attached Files:

komokwa likes this.
  2. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

perhaps my eyes....is there a T before the Richards?

3. Nathan Lindop

I can't see one no, I've put that in the title as I knew of them from searches but your right I could only see richards

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  4. bobsyouruncle

I believe it is another Richards..perhaps son or other family or no relation at all. The letters are different than those stamped on T. Richards examples. Needs a little cleaning up but I like it. The lock also appears different than the T. Richards in the way the pan is connected, as well as the stamps on the barrel.

i need help likes this.
  5. bobsyouruncle

,,,,but I could be wrong:)

i need help likes this.
  6. Nathan Lindop

I bought it anyway. This auction is a general one and this is one of the craziest things I've ever seen there. It was £250 which isn't bad even in this condition I suppose. Have to see what a restorer reckons now

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  7. bobsyouruncle

I was surprised that no one else replied....I think you got a wonderful deal and will never regret your purchase. I have a similar one but with iron barrel. It would be nice to see after you restore it!!

8. Nathan Lindop

Glad you think so too. Antiquing is the best xD

Draft saved Draft deleted