Table and Chairs identification help, Cushman?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Laura C, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Laura C

Laura C New Member

Please help me identify this draw leaf table which has been in my family for 3 generations. My 80 year old mother grew up around it, said that it was there before she was born and that her dad had bought it second-hand. So pre -1940, maybe 1920s? He added the screws to the chair legs, my mom said there weren't any before. I could not find a maker's tag. The table is stamped 221 and the chairs 7299 1/2. I haven't been able to find one like it. The closest I've seen is from Cushman Colonial Creations. Any help to identify the maker, age or even wood (maple?) would be greatly appreciated.

tableClosed.jpg tableTopView.jpg ChairFront.jpg chairSide.jpg

Figtree3 and Aquitaine like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Can confirm maple as the wood. No idea on the maker. I doubt this set is any earlier than the 40s.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Any chance of a quick image of the under side of it??? And does the other side happen to have 2 long drawers in it???

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Looks 1940s to my eye too.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

@Drew is our resident Cushman expert. Even without the tags for Cushman he may still be able to give you some information.

6. Laura C

Laura C New Member

IMG_8804.jpg
    Here is the underside. No drawers, the extensions just slide out by a handle in the center, then it lifts up level with the rest of the table and has a sort of peg on the other end of the handle that fits into place to lock it. IMG_8804.jpg

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Thanks for the extra pictures.....the table LOOKS similar to what my mother-in-law & now brother-in-law still has, but the chairs are a bit different, and his has a drawer the width of the table at each end.....so guess not exactly the same.....

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted