Taxco Mexico Sterling Silver Bracelet

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Jaime Riggs, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me what the design style of this bracelet is called? And also what is the white stones? I have it listed as abalone, but not sure if that is correct now. I have just gotten in another bracelet with the same looking stone, but looks as if has been dyed, is that possible? Thanks. Still learning. il_fullxfull.1849499359_5qu4.jpg il_794xN.1802031432_7p9w.jpg il_794xN.1802030934_n4qh.jpg il_794xN.1849499313_sjhi.jpg il_794xN.1849499225_a8gh.jpg

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

could the stones be moonstone?

KSW and Jaime Riggs like this.
  3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

White mother of pearl!

KSW, Jaime Riggs, judy and 1 other person like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Or maybe acrylic? White MOP can be very white with faint colour shading. White abalone has more definite colour shading.

kyratango, KSW and judy like this.
  5. Jaime Riggs

It is a stone of some type, hard like glass.

KSW and judy like this.
  6. Jaime Riggs

Here is the other bracelet, same look and hardness but in multi-color 53347563_2036173466420559_8000089553371136000_n.jpg

KSW and judy like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The second one looks like fibre optic, rather than dyed MOP or stone of some kind. First is MOP.

kyratango, KSW and Jaime Riggs like this.
  8. Jaime Riggs

THANK YOU!! Would fibre optic feel hard like glass? And would it be something put in a silver setting signed by a British Silversmith?

KSW likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yes, it absolutely feels hard. And yes, to in a silver setting: I have some modern jewellery made by Tateossian which uses it. Google on their name and fibre optic, you'll see some examples.

kyratango and KSW like this.
  10. Jaime Riggs

Thank you again!

kyratango, KSW and Ownedbybear like this.
  11. Jaime Riggs

KSW likes this.
  12. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

13. Jaime Riggs

Don't get too irritated with me, I know I am stubborn. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    kyratango and komokwa like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Or, you just want to know about your bracelet and learn, and the best way to do that is to search and ask questions.;)
    I don't think Holly was irritated though, she just gave a basic answer to a question.:)

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

4 her that was ultra basic....

16. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The pink man made 'stone' is what is in your multicolored bracelet. The little flower brooch is cats eye chrysoberyl. The cabochon may also be, I've forgotten, so, since we're on the topic, maybe Holly will ID it for me.

upload_2019-3-27_14-28-27.png

17. Hollyblue

The pink stone looks like fiber optic,not sure about the other stone as there are a number of stones which can have a cats eye effect.Just a guess it could be tiger eye or sillmanite cats eye.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  18. Bronwen

The cabochon is a dark green that looks nearly black except in good light. Seem to remember its being sold as chrysoberyl. If sillmanite, not sold that way. I went through a brief eBay period some years ago of buying specimens of minerals I particularly like, such as tourmaline, & chrysoberyl is one of those. I didn't know that artificial gems like the pink one involved fiber optics until this thread, but always knew it was man made, despite some ridiculous claim made by street seller, like pink obsidian.

kyratango likes this.
  19. Hollyblue

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Bronwen like this.
  20. Bronwen

Thanks - good chance that is what it is, another stone that would have appealed & looks very much like some of those pictured. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted