Featured Tea Set?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by coreya, May 26, 2017.

1. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

here is one of my yard sale finds for today, a tea set marked 800 KTI. I had just purchased about 500 dollars worth of ammo for 130 and a commercial dehydrator for 100 when we came across another yard sale with this sitting covered by a bunch of stuff. Please tell me what you think about it! BTW it weighs 950 grams or 2lbs 1.4 oz and the 5th & 6th picture down is after a light cleanup.

100_0079.JPG 100_0080.JPG 100_0081.JPG 100_0083.JPG 100_0084.JPG 100_0085.JPG Fri May 26 15-22-21.jpg Fri May 26 15-23-31.jpg

cxgirl, quirkygirl, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

I haven't a problem with the 800, but you are going to be polishing, polishing, polishing... :)

scoutshouse and judy like this.
  3. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation and yes I've spent about an hour so far and its looking a little better:happy: Any idea where it was made (has a mid east feel or perhaps India with all the hammer work) also I guess for 20 bucks wasn't to bad:joyful:
    Just as an aside the seller stated he had taken it to a local pawn shop and the guy there said it was silver plated brass and offered 15 bucks for it which was what he was asking for it at the sale. I explained what I thought it was and he said I could have it for the 15 if I wanted it as he didn't have time to mess with it and was happy with my honesty. I gave him the only 20 I had and told him to keep the change.

4. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Pictures can be funny but the colors don't look right. Until tested I'd say its nickel silver.

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

I'd be looking at Yogya tea sets, I've seen that same pattern on some.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  6. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

8. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

What great info, found several almost identical ones on the search provided by anundverkaufen and great info on the site by Bakersgma. I had checked that site but missed the info somehow. Thanks all

9. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Whoa!

Very nice - stunning!

Christmasjoy, Lucille.b and judy like this.
  10. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

You're that rare bird, @coreya - an ethical lawnshark (eagle eyed picker)!

Seems you will be well rewarded for your honesty!

Kudos to you :)

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Score! If that pile is solid silver, add it to the hoard.

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Better yet add it to mine!

13. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply's, the jury's still out on whether this is really 800 silver. I haven't seen enough of these to say they would be worthwhile faking especially with the amount of work that would go into these and looking at like pieces just don't know. My test acid is old so can't be sure of the results but they will go into the "pile" until a determination can be made. Either way it was only 20 bucks so pretty if nothing else.
    BTW here are some more pics after several hours of cleaning!:jimlad:

100_0090.jpg 100_0091.jpg 100_0092.jpg 100_0093.jpg

14. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

If that whole set is 800 silver, you got a great deal!

...of polishing!

But still, very nice! If it is 800 and if you DO polish, please note that we will demand before-and-after pix! :p

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that is a very stylish set !!!:happy:

16. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Shangas, Look above :angelic: I think that's all the work I'll put into these for now!!:hungover::hungover:

17. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

20 bucks.......wow...........good eye !!!

Christmasjoy and scoutshouse like this.
  18. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Just as an additional info these are confirmed as 800 silver! wopee!!!!:joyful::joyful:

19. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

Very lucky find :p

20. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Marvelous set. Good eye.

Draft saved Draft deleted