Teal or turquoise and old or made to look it? Maker? TYIA

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Dec 2, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

307A7CD7-2D89-4BB0-89A5-96B7D6D2C464.jpeg B5A0D9EF-A56C-454A-8039-8D5E98F0B227.jpeg
    sorry for sideways photo. approx 6” tall. I know to call this thumbprint. Only one close to it is in another color and footed and someone was asking if it was Fenton. DO you recognize it? I know they are repopping pieces and I have a hard time telling.
    Any help is very much appreciated.

At least it’s hump day!

judy likes this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I would call this color cobalt, not teal or turquoise.

3. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I agree with Bronwen, sure looks cobalt on my screen too.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The Fenton factory closed in 2011. When you said repopping pieces, I'm not sure that you were aware of this. Or are you thinking fakes?

gauntlettgems and Bronwen like this.
  5. gauntlettgems

It’s not cobalt or at least not what I know to be cobalt I think because my room was dark it makes it look a deeper blue than it is. It’s definitely a deep turquoise or so

Bronwen likes this.
  6. gauntlettgems

Ahhh, I was not aware of that. So is this Fenton?

Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

I don’t know about whether it is Fenton I found it out about the closure while researching a piece. Sorry.

gauntlettgems and Bronwen like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

seems American Chateau is a Canada based import company and this is one of their products:
    5.5" Vintage Lead Free Glass Candy Dish Bowl with Lid AT4ND229 - American Chateau
    Amazon.com | 5.5" Vintage Depression-Style Scalloped Embossed Glass Candy Dish Bowl with Lid: Candy Dishes

could be that the dish is/was available thru other import sources in the past.

about Fenton; they did cease their traditional glass making in 2011 and have since sold the factory and land. However, they are still in business and concentrate on marketing glass beads for jewelry, and also contract with other glass companies to make reissues using their Fenton molds for limited editions.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    i need help, Bronwen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  10. KikoBlueEyes

Thanks for the information about Fenton. I stand corrected.

i need help and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

hmmmmm. interesting.....the lavender ones look like they could be Alexandrite.

i need help likes this.
  12. gauntlettgems

Wow, Fenton and glass beads for jewelry?! Cool info. I knew I thought this piece was just made to look older Great find on the match!!

Thank you, everyone

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted