Techie help request

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Huntingtreasure, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

185DF14F-D6C8-4E8E-AFEE-63455C515D83.jpeg
    I had posted this a few days ago. It is an amethyst glass handkerchief. Can someone please tell me how I can type the accent mark, so I can google it? Thank you for looking!

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The same key you use for quotation marks, this one '.
    First type ', nothing will happen until you press another key, then press a, and you will get á.
    Good luck.:)

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That information is readily available on the internet. But, if you're using a Mac, I'm happy to help. Option + e + o will get you this: ó

Debora

5. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Thank you all! I’ll give it a shot.
    Right now I’m on iPhone, but I have a Mac, so this is all helpful!

judy likes this.
  6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

``a
    Bear in mind not all keyboard from other countries are not alike, the layout is different,especially British English and American English keyboards
    You might press one key and get a very different symbol.
    It used to be that American keyboards did not have the £,€ and Alt Gr keys, some other symbol was used.

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Doesn't work for me.

' a ``a
    Old Logitech keyboard.

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I'm not sure it matters which version Windows you are using, but I'm on Win 7 .......
    Click on the round Windows Logo in the bottom task bar...(mine's on the left)..type into the search bar 'Character Map' without the quotes......up should pop the window.....first select the font you are using......then scroll through and find your letter ( á ) click select, then click copy, then close the window, then paste in whatever program you want!!!!! Copy and print this if need be!!!! If there's another way, I don't know it yet, but once you do it, it's pretty easy!!!!

EDIT:!!!! @Huntingtreasure OOOOOH!!!!! I JUST found ANOTHER WAY!!!! BE SURE THE "NUM LOCK" key on the numbers block of your keyboard is ON!! THEN, press and HOLD the ALT KEY while pressing the ALT KEYBOARD SEQUENCES ON THE ATTACHED LINK!!!!!! ALSO EASY PEASY!!!!! Providing you save the link!!!:D:D

https://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted