Temde Table and Lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by lewishughan, Mar 4, 2021.

1. lewishughan

lewishughan New Member

Temde light with Table, 50s or 60s. can’t find any information at all!

I got this for £40 at a vintage furniture store! Can anyone tell me the origins of this item? I believe the brand is famous for lighting and lamps. And based in Switzerland if I’m correct. However, I cannot find a single item like this anywhere or find any information on a table with a temde lamp attached. I thought maybe it had been a modified item. However the brass feet and light fixture have the same wear. And the wood is all the same grain. It just doesn’t look like it was an aftermarket job. Someone made this as one item (e.g temde made it as one item) if anyone knows the era, history or even a guess price as to what this could be sold for, please let me know!

[photos of table here]

https://imgur.com/gallery/kPkkDB3

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

most here will not open links from folks we do not yet know........
    suggest you post the photo's .......

lewishughan likes this.
  3. lewishughan

lewishughan New Member

4. lewishughan

lewishughan New Member

KSW and komokwa like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Very cool. 50s-60s would say. Know nothing of the company so hard to say how rare or common for them.

KSW likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Temde (Theodor Müller Detmold) was German from Detmold, started as a lamp fabrication at the start of the century and opened a branch in Switzerland in the 1930s because they suddenly realized that Uncle Adi had no taste - he didn't like Bauhaus a.o. and needed the wood to construct tanks to deceive the enemy...:hilarious:.
    I'm rather sure this is not Swiss but German from the 1950s when kidney tables were all the rage.

having said all that - I take the slippers.

lewishughan, mark737 and KSW like this.
  7. lewishughan

lewishughan New Member

do you have any idea how much Somthing like this would be worth? And with it being made by Temde?

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

no idea. but most probably best would be to search temde on ebay with worldwide and then under completed items or on ebay.de also under "verkaufte artikel".
    and please don't believe the humbug about Danish and Max Bill etc.. I didn't find any proof till now that Max Bill worked with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted