Featured Thank-You Mr Nate, I Followed Your Advice

Discussion in 'Silver' started by cxgirl, Dec 14, 2019.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    Hey @MrNate , I took a gamble on some pieces that were listed as silver-plate on a local on-line auction, I won the lot for $5, I think I done good:)

Any information appreciated
    thanks for looking:)
    these are the photos that were on the auction
    79468490_10221008050728257_6838016590148009984_O-1.jpeg 78585962_10221008057768433_2515942239419498496_n.jpg

I thought the ones in the case were worth the gamble and it paid off. Now to figure out the marks. Only 5 in the case, missing the 6th one. All 5 have the assay mark for Denmark, 2 with 23 and 3 with 40. I'm assuming they are all made by the same person but it looks like they are by 2 different makers
    2 are marked C.EI.H. for Cecilie Elisabeth Hansen, assay mark with 23, Christian F. Heise Assayer's mark
    DSCF6099.jpeg DSCF5990.jpeg

3 are marked with the assay mark with 40 and
    edited - Carl Cohr mark (thanksINH:)) and the S is really a JS for assayer Johannes Siggaard/Jens Sigsgaard (not sure which is correct)
    DSCF6068.jpeg DSCF6074 (1).jpeg DSCF6117.jpeg DSCF6060.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Lucille.b, Fid, Figtree3 and 12 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks INH:), looks like it and the S is really a JS for assayer Johannes Siggaard/Jens Sigsgaard (not sure which is correct) - I edited the information in the original post:)
    So they aren't made by the same person?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

MrNate, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks INH. I originally thought they were all made by the same person, but now know that 2 are by one person, 3 by another person - same pattern though, and 17 years difference if I'm understanding the number marks correctly:)

7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELL DONE cxgirl !! GREAT BUY :) ... Joy.

MrNate, cxgirl, judy and 2 others like this.
  9. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

The pattern is Cohr's 'Amalienborg', Hansen was more likely acting as retailer rather than maker. The 'JS' assay-master was Johannes Siggaard - Jens Sigsgaard was a Danish author...

~Cheryl

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    MrNate, cxgirl, Figtree3 and 4 others like this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks joy:)
    thank-you Cheryl:) I was looking and couldn't find the pattern!

MrNate and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

OH my Oh mY oh MYYYY!!! They are beautiful!!! And I bet it feels amazing using your knowledge and judging the limited clues in the photos available to sniff out the silver that was right under everyone's nose! CXGIRL that is a beautiful set you snagged, I'm seriously excited to see someone else do this! And thank you for sharing those marks, I've never seen them before and it's definitely something I want to research and add into my memory banks. This is a 10 out of 10 find in my book!!!:woot::yuck::doctor::bored::joyful::joyful::joyful::dead::stop:;););)

Lucille.b, Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  12. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Thanks to your taking the time to post your finds and tell us what you look for I now look closer at items:) I must admit I was a little giddy when I looked at the back of the spoons and saw the marks, I said a silent 'thank-you Mr Nate, you made my day:)

13. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, you are on a roll, cxgirl. Finds galore. So happy for you. :singing::):joyful::smug::singing:

MrNate, cxgirl and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted