the artist formerly known as fid...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Fid, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

hello all, many old names around, but also missing a few. Eugene, Sue, frogger etc.
    due sone health problems - a.o. 4 by-passes, macula degeneration and a few minor defects - I thought to have a look around once again.

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Alors! Are you really FID??? (if so, I asked about you - a VERY long time ago!)

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Oh my! Is that really you? Hallelujah for your presence. :singing: So sorry about the health issues. :(

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

yep. it's really me. still Swiss, still living in France, and still no proper English spoken :bag:
    who's hiding behind that cat ? did you have another name back then ?
    btw, please forgive me for having lost a big deal of memories.

5. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Welcome back Fid.

BTW who closed your other account ID, it wasn`t me.

BTW, Don aka 42Skeezix sadly passed away 2 years ago just FYI.

Mugzinnys, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Hi fid!!!!!!! I missed you!

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

FID! We have found a Fid! :p:p:p:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: (or should that be :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:?)

I am not hiding behind a cat; I'm serving as a nap space for Her Imperial Furriness at the moment. My other two died of old age; Genie the Houdini Cat is the new fur kid on the block.

8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Zut alors! Are you talking to ME? Uhhhh... nope, no other name - I've had the same SBSVC since well before 2000! We used to talk silver (among other things) back in the old days on eBay.

9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

there I am. a little lost at the moment, but it will certainly come back after a while.

10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

so sorry to hear that.
    could you change my name to fid then ? I don't know either if it was myself that closed the account. at a certain moment my whole body was working so much in the red range that I got rid of everything . after coming back from hospital I didn't know passwords etc., it was really "Maxwells Silver Hammer" directly on the head. that was three years ago and still fighting sometimes for words and rubbles of knowledge...

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I`ll ask Peter tomorrow and see if he can change your ID to fidbald or do you just want Fid ?

Mugzinnys, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. evelyb30

Are you sure it shouldn't just be Trouble? I don't have a lock on it. Quite.

Mugzinnys, Christmasjoy and Fid like this.
  13. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

just fid would be fine.

Mugzinnys, SBSVC, judy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Double Trouble would be acceptable; playing with Stevie Ray Vaughan would be heaven :kiss:

15. evelyb30

At this point, it would be IN heaven; I saw him live right before he died. Darnitt.

Mugzinnys and Christmasjoy like this.
  16. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

I think Fidbald had more gravity to it with a trace of Norse god. Or maybe something Wagnerian, Fidbald and Fafnir battle the Valkiries for the magic ringtone.
    A fid is a spike you splice ropes with.

But good to see you survive anyway, I always appreciated your contributions in the past.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  17. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

18. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

fid, fidbald, alors, whichever you choose it's like music to my eyes (ears didn't make sense but then music doesn't either but you know what I mean:))

Welcome back!!!!

19. evelyb30

We need a crazy Swiss hanging around, no matter what name he uses.

20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Again, thank you all.
    I'm still wondering what became of people like zippershark, Sue from California - mostly interested in silver, and Eugene the God of refurbishing furniture ?

Draft saved Draft deleted