The Book in Hutsul Language

Discussion in 'Books' started by Anatoly Maksimov, May 15, 2019.

1. I have a book, which seems to be a unique one. It was issued in 1943 in Hungary for the polulation of Transcarpathia, which that time belonged to Hungary. It is in Hutsul language, a langage of Transcarpathian Hutsuls that is officially not recognizes in Ukraine today. The book is in a good state. I wonder if anybody is interested in acquisition of this book? Anatoly

Email address deleted

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
    Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Search Abe books and EBay, see if recently sold. Sounds interesting, the market would be quite narrow I think. People here would be able to help search but would need very complete info, incl author, title, publisher, date, and condition.

3. The book is a propaganda material, which had been issued by the Hungarian Regent Commissariat in Uzhgorod (Ungvar) in 1943 (Hungary that time was the ally of the Nazi Germany). The edition was guided by the Subcarpathian Society of Sciences.Publications 1941–1944.Kárpátaljai Tudományos Társaság.Kiadványok.1941-1944.Nyíregyháza, 2002. - 172 old.

This is practically the only survived copy, since after the arrival of the Soviet troops, all such books were completely destroyed. Such information is duly confirmed by the Uzhgoron bibliophile society.

See the reference below

https://www.academia.edu/4421482/По...dványok._1941-1944._Nyíregyháza_2002._172_old

Regarding the state of the book, the title page is missing and only two pages are damaged

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

with the present political situation in Europe you might try a Hungarian auction house. or Putin could give it as a present to his very good friend Orban.
    a short research shows that approximately half of the surviving speakers live in the USA, so that would be a good place as well.
    the sad thing is that it's obviously already available digitized; so perhaps a donation to a museum ?

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted