The Davis Cabinet Company 6-piece Collectors Oak Bedroom Furniture

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lisa Atarian, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Lisa Atarian

Lisa Atarian New Member

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me determine the value of a 6-piece Davis Cabinet Company Collectors Oak collection. Based on the labels, I believe these were manufactured in 1945.
    Thanks so much for any help!

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I'm thinking no value, unless you r willing to break up the set and sell the items individually ....

judy likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Is there any indication that what you have labeled a vanity desk had a mirror attached to the back? Most vanities don't look so much like a writing desk as this one does.

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Lisa Atarian

Lisa Atarian New Member

Thanks for the information. How would I go about valuing them individually? And why wouldn't a set be desirable?

5. Lisa Atarian

Lisa Atarian New Member

The mirror may go with the vanity desk for sure.

6. Lisa Atarian

Lisa Atarian New Member

or maybe it's a writing desk? I'm not sure. This piece didn't have the stamp on the back that said what it was.

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I would call it a desk and not a vanity. The mirror should hang above the dresser I would think.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

ok...
    in my opinion.....
    this is what we call brown furniture....which at present....is not selling well.
    it's not antique......or mid century modern.... which still has a certain following.
    I can see a couple wanting bed side tables...or a desk...or a mirror, but there is nothing in my experience to suggest that there is anyone out there looking for a full set of this type of furniture.......and who's got the room for it ???

9. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

I would say that at this point this is basically just used furniture. To expand upon Komo's point, unfortunately this will be a hard sell whether individually or as a set.

10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

I'm in agreement with komo and ghopper.

judy, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Here in my semi-rural Midwest loaction..... Few people want full-size beds so basically, nil on it. Maybe $25.00, give or take, if you can find the right person. Your chest, under $100.00. Desk: Under $75.00, Nightstands: Under $50.00 for pair, Bench: $25.00 give or take, Mirror: $15.00 give or take. Prices are fairly optimistic for an individual seller here so be prepared to bargain. You might get more in a retail shop and a lot less at auction. You might do better in or near a big city. More formal brown furniture also seems to do better in the old South. All this assumes very good condition. Any damage will plummet value.

Lisa Atarian, bluumz and komokwa like this.
  12. Lisa Atarian

Lisa Atarian New Member

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I appreciate your time.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted