Featured The Family Store 1945

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

I’ve been going through some of the family photo archives when I get the chance.

This one I made mention in a post I made about an antique newspaper advertisement mirror that hung in my Great Grandparent’s Store.

This is a photo taken in 1945 out front of the Grocery & Confectionery Store. In the picture is the stores founder, my Great Grandfather, the lady pictured with him is his daughter Irene. My Great Grandfather born in Austria 1888, and passed away in 1971 (My Mother’s side, I never knew him, just through family stories and photographs) started the store in 1920 and it remained in business till 1965. I hope it’s okay to post some of my family vintage nostalgia. I really find the era & styles interesting as well.
    337073EF-D2DF-4CAD-87D1-1A3A2270B657.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

That's very cool! I love old photos, and this one has a lot of expression to it.

On the sign behind them, is that another alphabet?

3. Vintage Maven

I’m not sure, and I don’t have any family around to ask about that. Nearest I can tell is that it could be a large advertisement sorta like the Coca Cola sign.

4. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

At first glance, I thought it was the Hebrew alphabet, but I don't think it is. Maybe it was part of a sign that didn't show up well in photograph, or that was in the process of being painted over.

5. Vintage Maven

I think your guess is the right one on that @Barn Owl

Michael77, Christmasjoy and Barn Owl like this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted